HPSLPSVC64.dll

I get an occasional "Host Process for Windows Services has stopped working"

Error the Event log points to :

SVChost.exe_HPSLPSVC
  Version 6.0.6001.18000
  Faulty Module
  HPSLPSVC64.dll
  Version 100.0.170.0

Is there a way to get a new copy of HPSLPSVC64.dll ?

I am reluctant to re-install the entire driver package since this is not a show stopper.

I do have the original installation disk.

Thanks

Frank C

PhD Student
FixPrint
Message 2 of 5 (188 Views)

Re: HPSLPSVC64.dll

Hi FrankGC,

I hate to hear you are having issues.  Please see the steps below that may resolve the issue.  You may also have to register the dll if prompted.  I can provide additional steps for that if required.  For more information about the product or any other HP products Click Here

1. Insert disk, go to disk drive (right click, explore)

2. Click on setup folder

3. Click on folder labeled Network64

4. Click on cab folder labeled Network64.cab

5. Search for dll file, HPSLPSVC64

6. Right click on file, select copy

7. Go to computer, double click on C drive ( C: )

8. Click on program file(X86 if 64 bit)

9. Click on folder labeled HP

10. Click on folder labeled digital imaging

11. Click on folder labeled bin

12. Click within folder and paste the copied dll into this folder

13. The files must be renamed.  Remove extra characters from end of the new dll, the file name should stop at dll extension(HPSLPSVC64.dll).  Rename the previous/old dll (HPSLPSVC64.dll.old). 

Hope this helps!

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
I work for HP.
Professor
007OHMSS
Message 3 of 5 (187 Views)

Well, several things come to mind here.

It could be an incomplete/corrupt installation. It is possible a firewall or security program blocked something during the install process. Making sure to allow processes during installation within your security software, may fix the issue.

Something else could be causing the issue, such as a virus/malware. I would recommend a full scan of your system just to be on the safe side before changing anything else.

If you do reinstall, I would get the latest software from the HP website, so that it is the latest version:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-topics/printer-installation/install-download-printer-drivers.html?j...

007OHMSS

I am a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Intern
FrankGC
Message 4 of 5 (169 Views)

Thanks for the replies.
The error has not recurred since 8/6/2013. I went through the log back to 7/24 and I found three occurrences of the error - 7/24, 8/1 and 8/6. I will get a copy of HPSLPSVC64.dll from the install disk and keep it as a .bak just in case the problem returns.
Thanks
Frank C

PhD Student
FixPrint
Message 5 of 5 (162 Views)

Hi FrankGC,

Great!  Global contact for technical support can be accessed Here in the event it is ever needed, or visit www.support.hp.com.

Thank you for being an HP customer.

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
I work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation