05-05-2009 07:44 PM
I have a 9-month old HP Pavilion 9252p computer that is running Vista 64 and an Officejet Pro 7680 printer. I originally installed Photosmart Essentials, but it has never worked properly. I have tried over and over to uninstall it, but I keep getting an internal error (#2738) no matter which route I take to uninstall the software. I have tried uninstalling the printer and the other HP software several times, but I still can't take off the old version of Photosmart. I even have the 3.5 version too which runs by itself. Unfortunately the poorly named Solution Center keeps looking to the old version.
Any ideas on how to get rid of the old version without wiping out my hard drive and reloading absolutely everything? I'm getting desperate here!
Thanks for any suggestions!
05-05-2009 10:04 PM
05-05-2009 10:05 PM
04-24-2010 01:31 AM
I have the same problem with my Photosmart C4180. I have followed your instruction, but after i press enter to uninstall, it does nothing!
Surely there must be a way to uninstall the printer?
02-28-2013 08:04 AM
All previous instructions do not work. I have Windoe=ws 7 and I cannot remove HP Photosmart Essentials from my computer. Is there anyone who really knows how to removeit?
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS