Question

Honor Student
JessJustice
Message 1 of 8 (837 Views)
Accepted Solution

Help! Windows 8 won't let me use my hp printer!

I got a new laptop with windows 8, the laptop is great but I cant use my printer with it! The program for my printer is only compatible with windows 2000, XP, & Vista. When I got my computer I gave it to Geek Squad who told me to try the hp website to install a program to be compatible with my printer and computer. I really hope to get some help!  :smileyhappy:

Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 8 (827 Views)

Re: Help! Windows 8 won't let me use my hp printer!

Please provide me the model number or product number of the printer so that we can help you with the installation procedure for Windows 8.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to say thanks!***
Honor Student
JessJustice
Message 3 of 8 (814 Views)

The printer is a HP Deskjet D2545.

Teacher
vthapa
Message 4 of 8 (806 Views)

use this link to download the software for your printer. make sure you select the correct OS 32 or 64 bit. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3571292&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us
Provost
ShlomiL
Message 5 of 8 (784 Views)

Hi,

You may simply use the software below, it is intended for both 32 or 64 bit:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=dj-109188-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
bilbo0908
Message 6 of 8 (767 Views)

I was forced to buy a new computer. The new computer has Windows 8 (I hate it can't find anything without a struggle). I went to the HP website and downloaded the driver for my HP Officejet 7310 All-in-one and my computer does not have the proper software to open the execution file.

I did try going to the App Store on the computer, but the only program that appears to be able to open the file costs $29.95. I am not spending Thirty bucks to use an app one time.

Is there a solution?

Teacher
vthapa
Message 7 of 8 (755 Views)

The downloaded file should have .exe which is by default for windows you don't need any app to run that. What is the extension of the file you downloaded?
Top Student
bilbo0908
Message 8 of 8 (752 Views)

it is an .exe file. The first couple of times I opened it it asked what app I wanted to use to open it. When I skipped that, I was able to download the driver and have been printing ever since. Thank you for your reply. The matter is resolved.

And, btw, I hate Windows 8.

Bill

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation