How can I get hpzidr12.dll ? hp SOLUTIONS DOESN'T WORK (2358 Views)
ows Student
Student
ows
Message 1 of 7 (2,358 Views)
Accepted Solution

How can I get hpzidr12.dll ? hp SOLUTIONS DOESN'T WORK

I have a c7280 all in one printer, and just installed win 7 32 bit ultimate over windows vista ultimate. HP solutions instructed me on an upgrade to get the printer drivers etc and software upgraded to win 7. I downloaded the full install version as directed by HP and during the install the computer just sits there during the software install portion and then comes up with the following message Dot-4 Wrapper repair. this file does not exist and is required for installation. then it gives me the dll needed. which is C:\windows\system32\hpzidr12.dll manufacturer HP version 0.0.0.0. Where can I get this DLL file????? I cannot get support from HP since my printer is out of warranty and of course all HP wants is your money if you have a problem, and certainly have no cares to try to help their customers regarding this problem. I installed their patches and they do not work. My printer now will not fax nor copy. It is connected wireless, and I performed HP diagnostics and wireless printer software, and device software and several of there patches including the dog patch and the scanner patch. still uninstall and reinstall software reveals the same problem, and when doing wireless wizard and the diagnostic wizards my printer is recognized, and all tests pass. also fax wizard and test AT THE PRINTER work fine, and I can send and receive faxes, and copy and scan and print fine. When on my computer however, the tests also work file, however, when I go to HP solutions the program gives me an error message (yellow triangle with exclamation mark) and states printer is not connected. Yet I can print and scan from the computer program, but i cannot fax or copy as an error message comes up and states can not connect to printer. MY IP address and device manager and the printer diagnostic and wireless diagnostic tests all work well and find my computer and also report no firewall issues etc. I am assuming the upgrade program hp had me use to get win 7 working with HP solutions software has a flaw. I uninstalled the upgrade software HP download center gave me, and tried to install my original software that i received with my printer when I bought it and it reports it cannot install the software in win 7. so again I try to install the software full version download HP reports will upgrade my HP solutions to work in win 7 and again I get the cannot find the above dll file and that it is required for the install to work. So where do I get the correct version of HPZIDR12.DLL VERSION 0.0.0.0. ?????

I am assuming this is the dynamic link library file that i need to get my HP solutions software to work in win 7. I did have some chats with HP tech support and had 5 different technicians try to help me which rounded up to about 20 hours multiple msconfig takdowns etc etc and I still have a program that is not working. Is it a registry problem?? I ALSO GOT A PROGRAM THAT IS SUPPOSE TO CHECK AND CORRECT PROBLEM REGISTRY FILES AND THIS DOESN'T RESOLVE THE PROBLEM.

PLEASE HELP ME AND MAYBE A COMPUTER GURU CAN GIVE ME SOME INFO ON HOW TO SOLVE THE MYSTERY OF THE HP solutions SOFTWARE DILEMMA?

SINCERELY,

OWS

Student
goduke
Message 2 of 7 (1,955 Views)

Re: How can I get hpzidr12.dll ? hp SOLUTIONS DOESN'T WORK

I am struggling with this exact issue, which renders a previously perfectly good printer useless; however my new laptop, which had Windows 7 factory installed, works just fine with the printer.  I cannot get a site that allows me to download this dll file, despite 3 listed on an answer to a previous similar question.

Honor Student
PAMFDILLON
Message 3 of 7 (1,823 Views)

I have spent nearly 10 hours now trying to get my F2180 to work since upgrading to Windows 7.  I hve now installed and uninstalled 4 times.  Run the HPZRD12 patch, dot4 patch etc. and still no joy.This is absolutely ridicoulous

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 4 of 7 (1,811 Views)

Hey Everyone. Id suggest trying the following steps to see if it resolves the issue:

Solution one: Re-register the MSIexec service
  1. On the Windows task bar, click the Windows icon ( ), type Run in the Search programs and files text box, and then click Run at the top of the dialog box. The Run window opens.
  2. In the Run window, type Msiexec /unregister , and then click OK .
    The Run window closes.
  3. On the Windows task bar, click the Windows icon ( ), type Run in the Search programs and files text box, and then click Run at the top of the dialog box. The Run window opens.
  4. In the Run window, type Msiexec /reregister , and then click OK .
    The Run window closes.
  5. Try the installation again.
  • If these steps resolved the issue , you do not need to continue troubleshooting.
  • If the issue persists , continue to the next solution.

Solution two: Turn off services, delete HP files, and then reinstall the software

Follow these steps to turn off HP services, delete some HP files, and then reinstall the software.
Step one: Turn off services
  1. Click the Windows icon ( ), type services.msc in the Search programs and files box, and then click Services at the top of the dialog box. The Services window opens.
  2. In the list of services, double-click PML Driver (or some variation of that driver name). The PML Driver Properties window opens.
  3. Change the Start-up Type entry to Disabled , click Apply , and then click OK .
  4. Find the entry for Net Driver HPZ12 , and then double-click it. The Net Driver HPZ12 Properties window opens.
  5. Change the Start-up Type entry to Disabled , click Apply , and then click OK .

If this does not resolve the issue post back with a detailed description of your issue including your OS, printer model, and any error messages. This will help me keep track of everyones situation since there are multiple users in the thread.

Thanks

SeanS

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Student
LANagode
Message 5 of 7 (1,741 Views)

That worked! Thanks!

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 6 of 7 (1,737 Views)

Awesome! Glad to hear that it solved the issue for you. Let me know if you have any other questions.

:smileyhappy:

Take care,

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Student
cm_texas
Message 7 of 7 (1,686 Views)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation