Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (1,896 Views)

How can I get the .inf files for a Photosmart 7510?

HP doesn't seem to make it easy to get .inf files. Their .exe driver files--whether basic or driver with software--don't allow the ability to separate an .inf file for network sharing, among other things. I need it in my case for GoToMyPC. I need some way to install the driver on a remote machine so that I can print locally even though the remote machine doesn't see the printer physcially at that location. How do I extract the .inf files from the installation.

BTW. I've already used the .exe file to install the basic drive on the remote machine. I now can see a directory named DriverStore under \Program Files\HP\HP Photosmart 7510 series. Subdirectories under .\DriverStore include HPRestStub, NGScanDriver, and Pipeline. I see .inf files there, but don't know which would be correct for basic printer funcationality.

Can't HP make this a little easier please? Any help would be very much appreciated...

Berlin, Germany

Grad Student
Message 2 of 2 (1,866 Views)

Re: How can I get the .inf files for a Photosmart 7510?

Hi jeremyNLSO,

1.  Download latest drivers from HP support site. Full Featured or Basic.

2.  Download third party file extractor Z-Zip File manager.

3.  Open 7-Zip File Manager --> navigate to folder where .EXE file is saved --> open and extract driver file to desired location.

Let me know if this helps.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the blue Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"; therefore, it's easier for others to find.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation