Question

Honor Student
jeremyNLSO
Message 1 of 2 (1,468 Views)

How can I get the .inf files for a Photosmart 7510?

HP doesn't seem to make it easy to get .inf files. Their .exe driver files--whether basic or driver with software--don't allow the ability to separate an .inf file for network sharing, among other things. I need it in my case for GoToMyPC. I need some way to install the driver on a remote machine so that I can print locally even though the remote machine doesn't see the printer physcially at that location. How do I extract the .inf files from the installation.

BTW. I've already used the .exe file to install the basic drive on the remote machine. I now can see a directory named DriverStore under \Program Files\HP\HP Photosmart 7510 series. Subdirectories under .\DriverStore include HPRestStub, NGScanDriver, and Pipeline. I see .inf files there, but don't know which would be correct for basic printer funcationality.

Can't HP make this a little easier please? Any help would be very much appreciated...

jeremyNLSO

Berlin, Germany

jeremyNLSO
CNE, CLSE, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP

Grad Student
wade1027
Message 2 of 2 (1,438 Views)

Re: How can I get the .inf files for a Photosmart 7510?

Hi jeremyNLSO,

1.  Download latest drivers from HP support site. Full Featured or Basic.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5070...

2.  Download third party file extractor Z-Zip File manager.

http://www.7-zip.org/

3.  Open 7-Zip File Manager --> navigate to folder where .EXE file is saved --> open and extract driver file to desired location.

Let me know if this helps.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation