Question

Honor Student
Maxter
Message 1 of 7 (2,699 Views)

How do I add a second hp printer to HP solution center

[ Edited ]

I am currently showing my older Desk jet HP 6380 printer in the HP solution center software as it should and it works fine. I have now added a HP Desk Jet  3052A printer to my office. Both printers are set up for wireless connection, both are 3 in one, and both printers work fine. I like using the HP solution center program to manage my printing / scanning. I want to add the new 3052A printer / scanner to the solution center so that I can switch between printers. How do I get both printers to show in the Solution Center software or can I?

running Vista O/S

Thanks

Maxter

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 2 of 7 (2,408 Views)

Re: How do I add a second hp printer to HP solution center

Hey Maxter. To do this you need to add a device from the software installation. Here is how you can do that:

If you do not have the downloaded software, you can find the setup source located within the HP Folder:

1. Open Computer.
  2. Enter Drive C
  3. Enter Program Files folder (If you have a 64 bit OS, enter Program Files (x86))
  4. Enter HP folder
  5. Enter Digital Imaging folder
  6. You will see a random folder containing the installation source, you can recognize the folder by it's long name (the folder name should have a similar structure as {17016DA1-F040-4032-BD36-34DD317BC9D5})
  7. Run Setup.exe and select Add a Device.

Let me know if this helped at all.

Thanks!

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Honor Student
Maxter
Message 3 of 7 (2,402 Views)

Thanks Sean, but this only seems to want to add the 6300 series unit. It didn't allow, or offer me a chance to select a different HP product (The 3050A series printer) whose software is also installed on my PC. 

Oh so close yet so far......

Maxter

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 4 of 7 (2,393 Views)

Alright. Lets do this:

1. Downloaded softwart bundle for 3050A form HP.

2. Turned off the 6300, then install the 3050A bundle using the "Custom" choice. When installer asks which parts of the package you want to install, under "custom", pick install drivers but nothing else. Follow the instructions for the remainder of the installations.

Let me know how this goes.

Thanks
Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Honor Student
Firehawk583
Message 5 of 7 (1,693 Views)

I currently have a 7210 connected through USB and an 8600 Premium connect through the network. I've tried everything on this forum, but only the 7210 appears in Solution Center.  I'm running Windows 7. The primary reason I want to add the 8600 is for scanning multiple photos as separate files. Thank you.

Student
hpcraze
Message 6 of 7 (1,647 Views)

Re: How do I add a second hp printer to HP solution center.

SeanS wrote:

Hey Maxter. To do this you need to add a device from the software installation. Here is how you can do that:

If you do not have the downloaded software, you can find the setup source located within the HP Folder:

1. Open Computer.
  2. Enter Drive C
  3. Enter Program Files folder (If you have a 64 bit OS, enter Program Files (x86))
  4. Enter HP folder
  5. Enter Digital Imaging folder
  6. You will see a random folder containing the installation source, you can recognize the folder by it's long name (the folder name should have a similar structure as {17016DA1-F040-4032-BD36-34DD317BC9D5})
  7. Run Setup.exe and select Add a Device.

Let me know if this helped at all.

Thanks!

Sean

How do I add a second hp printer to HP solution center. I do not have "Run Setup.exe and select Add a Device" in my hp folder. Running on Windows 7. Thanks

Honor Student
Firehawk583
Message 7 of 7 (1,585 Views)

Re: How do I add a second hp printer to HP solution center.

I followed all of the instructions, and the Add a device program ran, it even showed a screen saying it was adding a device, however, when I look at Solution Center, only the 7200 series printer is displayed. It is frustrating. Thanks for your reply. It is appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation