Question

Top Student
Jenks52
Message 1 of 7 (1,135 Views)

How do I transfer pictures from the SD memory card to my PC using the card reader on the HP6500?

I plugged the SD card in. I can print directly , but what I want to do is transfer them to my PC, and I can not see any dialogue box or menu to do this.

PhD Student
bassergitz
Message 2 of 7 (1,055 Views)

Re: How do I transfer pictures from the SD memory card to my PC using the card reader on the HP6500?

you mean , you can't open the SD card directly from your PC?

Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
Top Student
Jenks52
Message 3 of 7 (1,047 Views)

Re: How do I transfer pictures from the SD memory card to my PC using the card reader on the HP6500?

Well the SD Card is from my camera. My PC does not have a slot or port that I could plug the SD card in. I am aware I could buy a card reader that would plug into the USB on my computer, but a few people have told me I should be able to use the reader on the wirelessly connected  HP printer. That's what I would like to do. Thanks for considering it.

PhD Student
bassergitz
Message 4 of 7 (1,045 Views)

how is your printer connected to your computer? wireless or via usb.

which 6500 do you have...E709A? E709n? E710A? E710N?
Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
Top Student
Jenks52
Message 5 of 7 (1,039 Views)

It is a wireless connection.

the printer is a 6500A plus E710n-z.

Thanks

Student
NG75_
Message 6 of 7 (500 Views)

Re: How do I transfer pictures from the SD memory card to my PC using the card reader on the HP5520

How do I get the pictures from my camera card to be transferred to my PC.  When I put my card in, only the first picture is transferred to my PC.

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 7 of 7 (483 Views)

Hello NG75_.  I understand you'd like to transfer the pictures on your SD card (which is plugged into your Photosmart 5520) to your PC.  Is this correct?

How are you connecting the printer to your PC?  Is it USB, Ethernet, or wireless?

What version of Windows are you using?

Once I have this information I should be able to give you the steps you need.

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.  Have a wonderful day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation