Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

PhotoSmart 2610 All-in-One Printer on Vista PC. Solution Centre software is corrupted . I want uninstall and reinstall so how do I remove it.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

If the Hp Solution center is corrupted

..better to completely uninstal;l and reinsatll the software because sonme drivers for your printer might have been corrupted as well...

try this one....

Uninstall any remaining Hp printer program from your system..

1. Click windows logo or start button- on the search box or run - type in %temp%, press enter

2. look for the 7z folder on the TEmp folders.

3. Open &z folder and look for util- open util look for ccc folder- open ccc folder loofk for uninstall3.

4. Procedd to Uninstall level 3- restart the computer -go back to %temP% trhen delete tye 1st 7z folder-- to the same process for the remaining 7z folders- open util-ccc-uninstallL3- restart Pc and delete te 7z folder

5. Once your'e done- go to add or remove programs or programs and features to uninstall remaining Hp printer software.. then restart you pc again..

Follow these steps before re-installing the printer:

1. Click Start , and then click Run . The Run dialog box opens.
  2. In the Run dialog box, type msconfig , and then press Enter .
    If the User Account Control window opens with the message 'Windows needs your permission to continue ,' click Continue to close the window.
  3. In the System Configuration window, click the Startup tab, and then click Disable All .
  4. Click the Services tab, click the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox, and then click Disable All .
  5. Click Apply , and then click OK .
  6. When prompted to restart the computer, click Restart later .
 Restart the network devices
Follow these steps to restart all the devices on the network.
These steps include turning off the computer. Consider bookmarking this page for ease of reference.
  1. Press the Power button to turn off the product.
  2. Click Star,  click Shut Down , and then click Shut Down from the drop-down list.
  3. Turn on the wireless access point (router).
  4. Press the Power button  to turn on the product.
  5. Press the power button on the computer to turn it on.
  6. When the computer turns on, a System Configuration Utility message opens on the computer. Select the Do not show this message again check box, and then click OK .

proceed to the installation.......then prove functionality...if successful continue these steps

Re-enable startup programs and services

1. Click Start ( ), and then click Run . The Run dialog box opens.
  2. In the Run dialog box, type msconfig , and then press Enter .
    If the User Account Control window opens with the message 'Windows needs your permission to continue ,' click Continue to close the window.
  3. In the System Configuration window, click the Startup tab, and then select the check box next to each program that should run when you turn on the computer. If a program should not run when the computer is turned on, leave the check box clear.
    CAUTION:Do not disable any Microsoft services.
  4. If no changes should be made to startup programs or services, click the General tab, and then select the Normal Startup checkbox.
  5. Click Apply , and then click OK .
  6. When prompted to restart the computer, click Restart .
Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
HP Recommended
Worked great. Wasted 8 hours before I found your post. Not quite applicable for Windows 7 menus, but since I'm not a novice was able to work through the instructions.
HP Recommended

This was brilliant and still works 6 years later but my printer is very old.

Running the various temp uninstal files did the trick although I couldn't delete the 7z files themselves as I got an error message saying the files were in use.

But many thanks Lanz.  The software, including the solution centre, for my very old F4180 deskjet is now working again perfectly.

Have a pint on me!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.