Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Mac-Printing-and-Scanning/what-do-codes-on-diagnostic-page-mean/td-p/13...

I have this same question as in the URL above = question is at least 3 years old by another user (it was never answered)--apparently HP is using same/similar set-up on these codes for a few years now.  So yes, I searched the help forums for this question and answer, first.  I wish to fully understand all the codes AND HOW TO MANUALLY RESET some of the settings within the codes.  Is it by using HP's PCL, printer command language?  I want this question fully revived for the April 18-19 tech support flood HP is planning for the next 2 days....

11. SN = serial number--okay, we've got this one--and the SN on the sticker for my Deskjet 1000 110a actually does not include the last 4 characters listed

12. PER = THIS is the *same* as the last four characters listed on "11. SN" above...what does "PER" mean?

21. PG = 151 [or whatever other *number* for you] = number of pages your printer has printed.  Is there a way to reset this to zero?  And if so, will that also reset the perceived ink levels to maximum/full?

I venture to guess that *most* values that are 1 or 0 = binary values for a setting to be either on or off, true or false.

57. LOI = Very Low  *and*  67. LOI = Low .....I venture to guess that LOI = level of ink...the 50's numbers are information on the tri-color cartridge and the 60's numbers are info on the black cartridge, corresponding with their printed sample bars just above the 50's and 60's columns.  And "51. TYPE = 1," the 1 may signal a color cartridge and in "61. TYPE = 0," the 0 may signal a black ink cartridge.  Three values I know that 57 and 67 information can carry are "Ready," "Low," and "Very Low"--I don't know what others and I think "Ready" is the starting point when cartridge is new/full.  ***IS THERE A WAY MANUALLY TO SET THE 57 AND 67 VALUES BOTH TO BE "READY"?***

I venture to guess that "54. HP = 1" and "64. HP = 1" simply flag/verify that the ink cartridge is a genuine HP cartridge and not a remanufactured, off-brand one.

Also venture that each cartridge, in my case type HP 61, is somehow marked with and has its own ID number, hence "52. ID = [16-character hexadecimal code separated by hyphen in 4 groups of 4 characters, which is going to mean ID numbers 8 bytes in size, or 64 binary digits if you can view the binary code, or the 16 hex digits]" and "62. ID = [16-character hex code].  However, my current type HP 61 cartridges have some non-matching 16-digit decimal numbers stamped onto them along with their warranty expiration dates.

For numbers 70-72, I guess that K = black (industry letter in printing that represents "black" ink) and that CMY = cyan, magenta, yellow (also industry names for these ink/dye colors); and that "PHOTO" represents photo black, if I had a special cartridge of photo black rather than standard black, so it will be 0 for no photo black cartridge and 1 if photo black is detected; and "72. INS K = 1" for boolean flag that standard black ink cartridge is present.  My guesses.

43-45 are hexadecimal dates followed by Julian dates--perhaps--is actually off by about 8 days--measured in UNIX date code = number of seconds elapsed since Jan. 01, 1970, 12 a.m.  201ffd18 actually date codes for 1987/01/30 01:08:40 and not 1987/02/07 13:41:00.

No good guesses on the other codes....Help!

I want to understand ALL the information on the printout from the “Print Diagnostic Information” command from the “Device Services” tab of the “HP Deskjet 1000 J110 series Toolbox” window/program, called in some forum posts the "Printer Toolbox," that comes with Deskjet 1000 J110 series printers.  I want to understand the information the same as an HP printer repair technician would understand or be able to discover the meanings by referencing HP technical references.  And how can I manually reset items 57 and 67, the LOI values for the tri-color and black ink cartridges?

To note, I did try a full uninstallation and reinstallation of both my printer drivers AND of the HP software on CD accompanying my printer.  I used Revo Uninstaller to help delete and uninstall registry keys and folders and files leftover from HP's internal Uninstallation.  This did not work.  HP's own "uninstallation" left things behind.  Does HP have a better, complete uninstaller software that uninstalls everything and not just some things?  With an antivirus software I had, my problems were finally resolved after the company sent me a special uninstaller program that wiped the program *completely*.  Apparently, the built-in uninstaller and Windows own uninstallers never *completely* uninstalled the program.

Thank you.

My printer is model “Deskjet 1000 J110a series”, product number CH340A, firmware version KLM2FN1017AR, serial number CN17D24K2005D2, software version 022.050.231.000, printer driver version 04.43.07.853, bought in fall 2011.  My PC runs on Windows Vista Home Premium SP2.  I connect my printer and PC via a USB cable.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Please read, follow, and make all answers to this question at the following post:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Software/How-to-Manually-Set-Reset-the-Ink-Level-Wha...

How to Manually Set/Reset the Ink Level; What Mean All Info/Codes in "Print Diagnostic Information"?

HP Recommended

Please read, follow, and make all answers to this question at the following post:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Software/How-to-Manually-Set-Reset-the-Ink-Level-Wha...

How to Manually Set/Reset the Ink Level; What Mean All Info/Codes in "Print Diagnostic Information"?

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Bob, looked at your profile but didn't see a direct way to contact you.  Just posted the following question--I respect your expertise and ask you to please take a look at it:

Part of the question is repeated from a post three years old (found when searched the forums first if this question has been asked or answered) but was never yet answered.

Thank you in advance.

HP Recommended
Please, AuntieEm, I'm trying to focus some help and a resolution on my question, to make use of HP's expert help today and tomorrow. Please look at my following post and question:

HP Recommended

@JosiahF wrote:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Mac-Printing-and-Scanning/what-do-codes-on-diagnostic-page-mean/td-p/13...

I have this same question as in the URL above = question is at least 3 years old by another user (it was never answered)--apparently HP is using same/similar set-up on these codes for a few years now.  So yes, I searched the help forums for this question and answer, first.  I wish to fully understand all the codes AND HOW TO MANUALLY RESET some of the settings within the codes.  Is it by using HP's PCL, printer command language?  I want this question fully revived for the April 18-19 tech support flood HP is planning for the next 2 days.... [snip]

The codes are used for support diagnostics and are not user-settable.  PER is the personality, there are typically different models within a family that have the same model series.  The page count indicates the total pages printed on the printer, it is not designed to be set by the user (except by printing pages :-).

The ink levels are associated with a given cartridge ID.  Once a cartrdige is used it will be recognized as used.  To reset the value install a new cartridge.

For a more agressive uninstallation look in the driver CD for a CCC/util directory.  In this directory will be some files uninstall_L1.bat through uninstall_L4.bat.  You can run the first three of thes, 1 through 3 which will remove more and more of the features.  If you have an HP computer you should not run uninstall_L4.bat as it may remove files that are needed for other areas.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.