Question

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 1 of 3 (12,604 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to: Uninstall HP Printer Drivers in Windows 8

Need help uninstalling you HP printer drivers? Running Windows 8? Check out the video below for help!

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Professor
Gordon_H
Message 2 of 3 (12,603 Views)

Re: How to: Uninstall HP Printer Drivers in Windows 8

If you are still having trouble uninstalling, let me know, I will see what I can do to help.

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
rcarr2013
Message 3 of 3 (1,627 Views)

Re: How to: Uninstall HP Printer Drivers in Windows 8

I have a Toshiba; running Windows 8:

My laptop wasn't recognizing my HP Photosmart C309g Scanner for some reason. Although I could print, I need the scanner, so I decided to uninstall/reinstall everything. 

Perhaps I uninstalled the wrong feature first, but whatever happened, my laptop had a hiccup & windows wouldn't load.  I used the onboard problem solving feature and windows did reload. 

I returned to my efforts to reinstall the printer drivers (using the CD), but when the Setup window appears,  the Install option doesn't appear.  I only have the option to Exit the software setup window. 

Does this mean there are still remnants of the previous installation?  In the Programs and Features list, there are remants (HP Cust Part Program; HP Imaging Device Functions; and HP Solution Ctr, all of which were installed at the same time as the printer driver.   Nothing happens when I right click to uninstall or double click on it to uninstall. 

Any suggestions?  Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation