Question

Honor Student
tabascojoe
Message 1 of 17 (18,598 Views)

How to add additional printers to installed HP Solutions

I have 2 C6280 all in one printers installed on my home network but can only one shows up in the HP SOlutions Center.  How do I add additional printers to the Solution Center

Honor Student
tabascojoe
Message 2 of 17 (18,587 Views)

Re: How to add additional printers to installed HP Solutions

I'll add that I reinstalled all the latest drivers today.  The system s Vista Home 32 bit.  I found others who posted similar questions here.  In my case after inserting the CD and trying to install in an effort to get to the add printer tab I simply get a screen that says a newer version is installed and there is a finish button.  No other choices.  Once I select finish it exits the program.  When I first got the printers the option came up to install another printer.  Haven't seen that for a while (I tried a couple times over the last several months).

I'll add that I have installed the additional printer in Windows and can access it through Word, etc.

Teacher
HardCopy
Message 3 of 17 (18,543 Views)

Hi TabascoJoe,

just a quick question/suggestion: Since you have Solution Center installed, you should have a program group titled HP, accessible under your [Start] -> 'All Programs' -> 'HP'.

Under the 'HP' header, you should have another sub-menu titled 'Photosmart C6280' or something like that.

Under that, is there a link that says 'Add a Device'?

If there is, have you tried this method, i.e. click on 'Add a Device' and follow the bouncing ball?

Hope this helps..

HardCopyTed

Regards,
HardCopy (I am employed by HP)
[If you found this helpful, please mark this 'Solved' or 'Accept as Solution' so others can find this too]

How to Give Kudos | How to mark as Solved

Honor Student
smmudge
Message 4 of 17 (18,275 Views)

I have a similar problem but it cannot be solved by the suggestion above. I have had a C4380 installed on my PC as a hardwired printer for years. Works fine. Howvere, I have now moved the printer to another room. I have successfully installed a wireless printer driver for it as well which works BUT it does not appear in my Solutions Center and I am unable to find an "Add a Device" button or app including when I run the original software as it tells me a newer version is already installed. Therefore, I cannot scan items which is what I need to do. Any thoughts gratefully received.

Honor Student
smmudge
Message 5 of 17 (18,246 Views)

I have got nowhere with trying to add a printer to the HP Solution Center - does anyone know a free way of asking HP how to do this? Everytime I go through the help menus etc. I always end up at a page that give support to in warranty products only. I guess the answer to this is fairly simple but it is not in their help as far as I can see and there is no way of contacting them without paying considerable amounts of money for it.

Tutor
jwitt001
Message 6 of 17 (16,689 Views)

I have exactly the same problem.  I have searched HP's site and cannot find any help.  I get taken to a page to enter my serial number and the printer is out of warranty.  I not only want to add printers, but want to delete ones as well.

If there is an HP Technical Support team member on these forums, a solution to this issue would be highly appreciated.

Student
trooper638
Message 7 of 17 (14,336 Views)

I had the same problem, we have a Photosmart all in one C410 and a Office Jet L7680 All in one printer, what I did was reinstall the L7680 driver and software as follows:

Start->HP->OFFICEJET 7600 Series-> Add a Device -

Let it go through its setup process. If it detects your printer it will let you know and ask if you want to delete that device by clicking FIX.  Click FIX. That will delete the original device set up in Devices and Printers.

Follow the prompts until it is reinstalled.

(If the original device does not get removed, remove it manually)

After it completes, Open Solution Center and you should now have both of your devices listed there.

After that, business as usual. Tested true. This worked for the L7680 which is an All In One, your device might be different and I assume that this should work for all compatible HP All in One Printers. 

Good Luck!!

Top Student
carrt7
Message 8 of 17 (14,169 Views)

I had the same problem - and found a different solution.

I installed a network HP J6480 printer-scanner, with Solution Centre.  Later I installed a USB HP 5610 printer-scanner, and Solution Centre now showed only the 5610.

Then we changed the network connection to the J6480.

Today I went to the Start Menu, and under "HP" it showed "Solution Centre", but it also showed "HP5610" (among other entries, including the old J6480).  When I clicked on HP5610, to my surprise I saw a submenu including "Add A Device".  This worked perfectly, installing the newly positioned J6480.

When i went back to the Solution Centre, at first sight it showed only the HP5610.  But on the extreme left were two dim outlines of printers!  And when I clicked the lower one, the whole display changed to feature the J6480.  And it works!

Hope this helps,  Tony

Student
techguyllc
Message 9 of 17 (11,685 Views)

Hello,

I currently have an HP Photosmart C8180 AIO.  I have two connections between my PC and my printer.  One local (USB) an the other network (wired Ethernet through my router).  Both connections work great EXCEPT I cannot see the network connected printer via HP Solutions.

If I uninstall/reinstall the network connected printer, HP Solutions will be able to see the network connected printer until some unknown event happens that inadvertently removes this printer from HP Solutions.

I've had this problem for as long as I've used HP printers.  And I'm still have this problem today.  I just want to Add this printer back to HP Solutions without uninstalling/reinstalling.  I tired going to Start - All Programs - HP - Photosmart C8100 Series - Add a Device.  It appears to run add-a-device (animated spinning CD, etc) but then terminates with no message.

I'm suspecting that HP Updates may be causing this or perhaps defrag or some registry cleanup program is interfering.  Either way, I'd like to re-add the device to HP Solutions without having to reinstall if possible.

You may ask why I want to add this?  Because I don't always have my laptop connected via USB to printer and wish to use the scan feature inside of HP Solutions with my network connected printer for scanning documents.

Thanks!

John

PS:  It's funny that HP's spell check for this posting does not recognize Photosmart, C8180 or AIO!

Student
layerpicker
Message 10 of 17 (11,501 Views)

thank you for the SIMPLE answer---it was driving me crazy.

the faint printer on the left under the original printer.....never thought of it.  THANK YOU!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation