How to connect Windows 8 Laptop with with HP All-In-One Photosmart Plus B209a Printer (1317 Views)
Top Student
csjoshi
Message 1 of 6 (1,317 Views)

How to connect Windows 8 Laptop with with HP All-In-One Photosmart Plus B209a Printer

Hello:

We recently have got one laptop with Windows 8 Enterprise (32 bit) loaded on it. We wanted to connect this laptop with HP All-In-One Photosmart Printer B209A Printer.

I checked on the HP website (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=3777182&lc=en&cc=in&dlc=en&lang=en&tmp_track_link...) for desired drivers, however I could not find any. As per one of the posts in the forum, I tried to install the software in Windows 7 compatible mode, however it get struck @ 82 % when the set up tries to start SNMP communication with the printer.

Could you please help out in telling the correct driver for this printer and process to install it on Windows 8?

Thanking you 

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 6 (1,309 Views)

Re: How to connect Windows 8 Laptop with with HP All-In-One Photosmart Plus B209a Printer

Hi,

Hope the following link helps:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows-8-Release-Preview/Windows-8-Driver-Information-for-LaserJet-Sca...

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
csjoshi
Message 3 of 6 (1,305 Views)

Re: How to connect Windows 8 Laptop with with HP All-In-One Photosmart Plus B209a Printer

Hi Dean:

Thanks a lot for your quick and positiver response.

I have HP Photosmart All-In-One printer. The printers mentioned on thr link provided by you are either laserjet / designjet All-In-One printers. I could not locate any Photosmart printer.

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 6 (1,293 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Have you read the whole post ? Hundreds of Photosmart printers (many series) are in the list.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
csjoshi
Message 5 of 6 (1,286 Views)

Hi Dean:

Thanks a lot for clarification. Probably there are 100s of printer models over here. May be due to which it takes time to display this page fully.

I could locate my printer as shown below: B209a.PNG

However there is no link for the driver download given over here. The other link leads to http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?&objectID=c03365145#A3, which does not have any drivers for Photosmart printers and it tells to go to the above page (which mentions the printer name and driver details without actual driver).

Warm Regards 

Provost
banhien
Message 6 of 6 (1,281 Views)

Hi,

The statement says:

"HP is working with Microsoft to include Windows 8 drivers for HP printers that have been introduced in recent years. This document shows HP’s current plans for which printer drivers it plans to make available when Windows 8 debuts.".

Hope this explains why. I think we have to wait.

Regards.

BH
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation