11-14-2009 12:40 PM
My system is running 64-bit Windows 7, and the printer is a LaserJet P2055dn using the HP LaserJet P2050 Series PCL6 (0.3.7071.0) driver. The printer works fine when printing local, and when printing from another 64-bit Win 7 machine on the network. However, there is a third system on the network running 32-bit Win XP SP3. This user, on occasion, wants to print on the P2055dn printer attached to my 64-bit Win 7 machine.
When I attempt to add a x86 driver from the additional drivers dialog box, it asks me to provide a printer driver, but I can't seem to find a suitable driver. The CD that came with the printer does not contain the driver that the system is looking for.
How do I find a suitable driver for the situation described above.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS