Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I bought a HP 3545 and tried printing and scanning... day 1 all workd fine, then I turned ON WiFi and also updated all the S/W on the Printer.

Now it asked me to first print the Alignment Page.. which I did and then asked me to scan it. Upon trying to scan the Page, it keeps saying "Scanning alignment page..."

After waiting for a good 20 minutes I turned it off and now tried to turn it back on. Although its prining documents etc. but the scanner just does not work anymore.

I just opened the scanner lid to see whats going on.. and what I see is the scanner moves from one end to the other and does light up but then just goes and sits on the other end and does not move an inch.

Think I should not have updated... 😞 can you help me with Factory Reset so that I can get the scanner to work again..

Cheers,

Vikas

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Sakiv1,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I see that you are wondering how to reset your HP  Deskjet Ink Advantage 3545 to factory default. I am happy to help! 

I have sent you the instructions in a private message. If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

If this does not resolve your issue, the printer will need to be serviced/or replaced. Please contact HP phone support for further assistance. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

Best of luck! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Will you send it to me the mail ?

HP Recommended
Please send me reset setting for hp printer 3545. When i switch on it shows to load paper for aligment and nothing is happening then
HP Recommended

Exact same error. I am stuck not able to do anything. Can I get the hard reset code? I tried Home + Lower button + twice home + lower. That didnot do anything. It is stuck on print alignment page. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.