Question

Student
Dan_2002
Message 1 of 3 (146 Views)

How to stop HP installation software

I was trying to re-install the installation software for a Photosmart all in one printer on my Windows 7 laptop.  Several attemps ended witha runtime error.  I tried using the original installation desk and installing on line.  After many attempts the installation completed all the way to the end.  But, right at the end, the software reported an error and asked if I wanted an on line fix to be downloaded.  I selected yes, the process finished and required a restart of the laptop.  Following the restart, the installation restarted automatically, but reported an error, and the cycle repeats, over and over again.  How can I stop the software from running?  When there is a canel option, the software only gives me a retry option.  I have tried to stop it from Task Manage, but I still only get the option to retry.  I have confirmed that I can print, so someone tell me how to stop the software!!!

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 3 (122 Views)

Re: How to stop HP installation software

Hi Dan_2002,

I am sorry to hear this has been such a nuisance for you, I can help you stop the software.

You were on the right track, open the Task Manager, right click on the program that is running and click on Go To Process. At this point the process will be highlighted, click on End Process.

I hope this resolves the issue for you. Thank you for joining the HP Forums.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, to say thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Student
Curlyz28
Message 3 of 3 (88 Views)

Re: How to stop HP installation software

I am having the same issue. I went to the same steps as outlined in Dan's previous response however the warning will pop back up again. I tried the process a number of times and ended up with the same results. This error message will also lead me down a path that includes restarting my computer.

My computers error is claiming a fatal error when tring to install. I have access to my printer and it works just fine. This error will repeat itself I would say every half hour to an hour when using the computer normally and everything you turn it on. Please help remove this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation