Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600 Plus
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Tried unsuccessfully to print 2 sided duplexing. Now I'm stuck with the setup.

How can I get rid of setup when I have no need it ? The printer is reading "Piick Motor Stalled"

and it is operational. Being in a 2 sided mode appears to be a problem. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello irishjohn,

Welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that you are attempting to switch from two sided printing back to single side.

Please click on the Start button in the lower left corner of your computer screen and go to Devices and Printers.  Right mouse click on the 8600 icon and go to Preferences and select the 8600 printer.  Here you will see the option to Print on Both Sides.  Make sure NONE is selected then click on Apply and then OK.

This should make it so you can print on one side again.

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers,   :LaughingTears:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.