Question

Intern
Ron7624
Message 1 of 5 (187 Views)

Hp 3050 all in ine

I need to completely uninstall this and another hp printer from 3 computers. With the event of windows support going away with xp, I have screwed up my systems. Nothing will print. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times.
Is there a step by step guide to uninstall manually and rid the computers of all? I need a fresh install and can't do one.
I'm pretty sure I need a newer printer for the win 7 computer, but in have an xp computer with financial software that I must get printing again. It's off network.
Tia for any help
HP Support Agent
Jamieson
Message 2 of 5 (153 Views)

Re: Hp 3050 all in ine

Hello Ron7624, and welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I see you are looking to manually remove the printer software.  I would recommend utilizing this document on How to change or remove a program in Windows XP to individually remove all of the printer software.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.  Thanks for posting on the HP Forums.

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Intern
Ron7624
Message 3 of 5 (126 Views)

The document that you linked to, is a document telling me to go into control panel and uninstall using the windows tool that is built-in. That was the first thing that I tried before ever posting the question.
What I need our instructions on how to completely remove all traces of the initial HP installation. The windows tool that is built in simply removes the majority of the installation software but there are registry entries and other small portions left on your hard drive, as there was in the iTunes install that I earlier referred to.
That is what I need removal instructions for.
Hope I made myself more clear his time. I am unable to install on my old xp system because my computer doesn't access the printer after I run the installation program. It links like it took, but when sending a document to the printer, I get an error message saying failed to print.
HP Support Agent
Jamieson
Message 4 of 5 (117 Views)

Hi Ron7624 ,

I would recommend using the Microsoft tool fix on Fixing problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled.

I would also recommend utilizing this thread on solution center 8.0 corrupted and cannot reinstall software.  There is a post by @SuperMario1  on removing each individual registry relating to the printer.

Please let me know how that goes.

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
Khushboo_29
Message 5 of 5 (96 Views)

Hello

As far as I have got your issue is that you want to start the printing feature working in your win xp

And you want to uninstall the complete driver first

Disconnect the printer USB cable

Run the driver software , you will get the option to UNINSTALL

Click on UNINSTALL and it will remove the complete software he printing

Later on since you want to printer driver only , then install the UPD directly

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=1140778&sp...

Extract and add the driver from the add a printer option available under printer and faxes

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation