Question

Honor Student
manmountain01
Message 1 of 8 (3,869 Views)
Accepted Solution

Hp Deskjet 990cxi driver download

Hi, I am looking to download driver for printer model HP deskjet 990cxi. I cannot use windows update as it is turned off because of windows group policy.

i cannot find the printer model when I download the utility.

If anyone could advice another way I can download driver for this printer I would appreciate it.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 8 (3,861 Views)

Re: Hp Deskjet 990cxi driver download

Hi,

Please use the following link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=60098

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
manmountain01
Message 3 of 8 (3,858 Views)

Hi, This does not work. Both options as i explained in my original post. I cannot turn on Windows Update and when I use the utility the driver is not listed. Is their any other alternative to download driver. Thanks

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 8 (3,852 Views)

Hi,

You CAN'T download file due to group policy therefore nothing we can do about this. Please use a different machine to download file from the above link and copy to your machine.  Or ask Admin to download driver for you.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
manmountain01
Message 5 of 8 (3,851 Views)

And why does the Utility not contain the driver for this printer???

Provost
banhien
Message 6 of 8 (3,844 Views)

Hi,

No, utility is utility and driver or drivers (for AIO/MFP) are two different things. I can see no available drivers for Windows 7 and 8 on the above link that means you have to totally rely on Microsoft. I've mentioned few times a risk of upgrading the OS (both Windows and Mac OS), our existing hardware may say good bye for ever.

Regards.

BH
Provost
erico
Message 7 of 8 (3,826 Views)

The operating system (Windows 7 and Windows 8) has its own driver for the printer.  HP has not produced a driver for this printer for Windows 7 nor Windows 8.

Best regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
xuaom_R3C2n7
Message 8 of 8 (2,458 Views)

Try the Windows7 (x64) driver for the deskjet 970cxi. I installed it and it seems to work as far as the double sided printing and nozzle cleaning functions are concerned (which are important for me). The 970cxi driver gave me more options on the printer "properties" dialog.

Resolution shows that 1200 dpi is possible and I'm inclined to agree, as the output is quite sharp. I will need to wait and see what ink consumption is likely to be. (Consider the $40 Inksaver 2.0 application for Windows7 that can pay for itself by the time you need your next set of ink cartridges!)

Otherwise, the 990cxi is a workhorse that has never let me down until I upgraded to Windows7. (Not the printer's fault -

I could still haul out my old XP machine and run the maintenance from there, as all the drivers are from the original HP installation CD).

Hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation