Question

Honor Student
Happycatperson
Message 1 of 5 (1,400 Views)

Hp LaserJet 3050 and Windows & Windows 7

It appears the price we pay for Windows 7 is loss of most of the functionality of our HP all-in-one units.  Sure they print but they do not do anything else because the software stopped working and there is no fix, at least not for mine (use Windows scan - what a crock).  I am going to get another unit (note I did not say new as this is less than a year old) and it will not be HP.   I have never owned anything else so this will be an adventure.  I hope the recycle place is open this afternoon.  Bye Bye HP.

Student
UYYTR
Message 2 of 5 (1,285 Views)

Re: Hp LaserJet 3050 and Windows & Windows 7

AM I TO UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO SOFTWARE THAT WILL ENABLE MY HP LASERJET 3050 TO WORK WITH MY NEW WINDOWS 7 SOFTWARE/DESKTOP & LAPTOP?  IF THERE IS SOMETHING THAT CAN ASSIT ME IN HELPING ME TO BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD THE HP SOFTWARE, I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT!!

Honor Student
Happycatperson
Message 3 of 5 (1,277 Views)

I have tried everything - and I am fairly good at this.  So now faxing and scanning are accomplished through Windows (which sucks big time) and using Cute PDF writer to coinvert to PDF for sending.  Many more steps but it gets the job done.  Will never buy another HP and neither will any of my clients.  New printer on the way and this one (only a year old) heading for the recycle bin.

Student
Jay32
Message 4 of 5 (599 Views)

my computer is being stupid i try to print but when i do on the admin's account it will print blank pages but when i print on my domain it wont print at all

anything that can help please let me know thanks

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 5 of 5 (581 Views)

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial printer. You can do this at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/

I hope this helps.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation