Question

Top Student
loronnie
Message 1 of 10 (1,451 Views)

Hp Photosmart 7660 full feature driver for Windows XP (32 bit) not available?

I have tried to get this file to come up and all that I can get is the hp_53_enu.exe. Which doesn't do anything on my computer!!!

I watched the installation video for the product and saw that there is a full feature software download available for this but it doesn't give me that option to download it. 

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 2 of 10 (1,444 Views)

Re: Hp Photosmart 7660 full feature driver for Windows XP (32 bit) not available?

Hi

Please find the link given below you have a option called Download click on it and save it on your desktop and run it.

HP Photosmart Printer Software and Driver

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Top Student
loronnie
Message 3 of 10 (1,435 Views)

Re: Hp Photosmart 7660 full feature driver for Windows XP (32 bit) not available?

Nope, it only gives me the same option as before for a file named:   hp_53_enu.exe.  I have downloaded it several times and it installs it but after that nothing opens and nothing happens?  I watched the installation video and it shows a different named file for the full feature option.  I don't have that option after I click download, don't know why it won't give me that option?

I can see the file name is PS_AIO_C309A_NET_FULL_WIN_ENU_140_047.EXE    That would be the one that I''m looking for I believe.   I searched for the file name on HP and it says it's not available?

Teacher
pctech33
Message 4 of 10 (1,416 Views)

Go to www.hp.com Enter the product name / number. Be sure to check the additional information, like how to install the driver or troubleshooting guides.

Message 5 of 10 (1,375 Views)

I've already tried that a lot of times now

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 6 of 10 (1,367 Views)

PS_AIO_C309A_NET_FULL_WIN_ENU_140_047.EXE is the installa...

PS_AIO_C309A_NET_FULL_WIN_ENU_140_047.EXE is the installation file for the HP Photosmart Premium Fax All-in-One Printer, which is not the same printer as the Photosmart 7660. The only driver available for your printer is the one you have already downloaded. When you double click it, it should ask you to "unzip" it. This will extract the files to the folder of your choice. After extracting it, you should be able to install the software from the folder you extracted the files to.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
loronnie
Message 7 of 10 (1,336 Views)

Re: PS_AIO_C309A_NET_FULL_WIN_ENU_140_047.EXE is the installa...

No, it doesn't ask to unzip it....it's an .exe file.  All it does after downloading is install it and then it disappears??  Strangest thing I've ever seen!!

I know I read where it says to unzip it but it's not a zipped file??

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 8 of 10 (1,309 Views)

I downloaded the file and ran it on my computer. When I d...

I downloaded the file and ran it on my computer. When I did, it opened up "Feed 2.5 Optimizer for HP 52 Enu" and then it continued to run the installation software. It sounds like it might be an issue with your computer and how it is handling the file. I downloaded it from the following link: http://goo.gl/eOSqB
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
loronnie
Message 9 of 10 (1,300 Views)

Re: I downloaded the file and ran it on my computer. When I d...

Yes that is the same file that I get when I download it and it goes through the installation, but when it's finished...it doesn't do anything?  I guess it must be an issue with my computer, I give up??  Any other ideas on what to do to make it right? Or to get this printer to work??  I appreciate  your help!

Student
DJCunningham
Message 10 of 10 (784 Views)

This is old, but I went through the same thing, thought I should document my solution. It seemed the files were extracting from the HP provided software, but the install program wasn't running. I think it had something to do with updated permissions or somesuch. Anyhow, the file, including the drivers ARE extracted, just in the temp file bin. (C:/Documents and Settings/User/Local Settings/Temp/HP_AiO) This is a hidden folder, so you may have to change setting to see it. I pointed the windows driver installer to this folder, and then it grabbed the drivers and I was able to print.

Hopefully this will help people in the future.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation