01-11-2011 11:31 AM
My printer shows as offline and I cannot get it to print.
HIstory. I have a home network. I was using mcaffe. the printer went offline. I downloaded new drivers and it was still offline. I installed windows 7 and printer worked for a day or so. Now it is back offline. I am not very computer literate so I have a hard time when I do troubleshooting.
Please adv ise.
01-11-2011 01:09 PM
I've included a link to an HP document that includes troubleshooting steps as well as a link to download the Print diagnostic utility. I've added a second link to the Network diagnostic utility to help identify network issues.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
I am an HP employee.
08-19-2014 08:39 PM
I have tried various "solutions" to try and get my C6180 to print, but it always appears "offline", even though the hp diagnostics recognises that it is properly connected. Nothing works. It did print 1 1/2 pp of a document before it gave up the ghost again. All inks are completely fresh.
08-21-2014 11:05 AM
Hi there @spirit777 , welcome to the forums
I read your post about your Photosmart C6180 showing you that it's "Offline" and not printing. I wanted to reach out and share some updated links to the appropriate troubleshooting steps for this issue. Afterwards, you should be back online and printing.
Thank you for posting in the community, have a wonderful day
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS