08-19-2012 10:11 AM
Hi, I have a hp deskjet 1280 with windows 7 home premium 64b in norwegian. When I rebooted my laptop and tried to install the HP printer, Windows could not find the driver any more.
According to HP homepage, this printer should be compatible with Win 7 HP 64b Norwegian. Microsoft homepage state the same.
Looking forward to any suggestions as there is not driver published on the HP homepage and no, I do not have the CD disc any more unfortunately.
08-20-2012 02:38 PM
The drivers should be built into Windows. When you go to manually add the printer, there should be an option to run Windows Update and that will download some more drivers and it should have the one that you are looking for.
08-20-2012 02:40 PM
Have you tried running the HP Print and Scan Doctor? It may be able to recommend the right driver and where to download it.
08-21-2012 05:35 AM
Hi, I have tried to run Windows update manually without luck. I have even tried to search the list of compatible printers in Windows and a lot of HP printers are listed, but not the Deskjet 1280 (Only Deskjet 1220).
08-21-2012 12:40 PM
You might want to go ahead and try the 1220 driver as it may be from the same series of printers. If that doesn't work, try the Deskjet 990C driver, it works almost as a universal driver for most of our printers.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS