Question

Honor Student
Milan84
Message 1 of 5 (166 Views)

Hp deskjet 1280 with windows 7 home premium 64b in norwegian.

Hi, I have a hp deskjet 1280 with windows 7 home premium 64b in norwegian. When I rebooted my laptop and tried to install the HP printer, Windows could not find the driver any more.

According to HP homepage, this printer should be compatible with Win 7 HP 64b Norwegian. Microsoft homepage state the same.

Looking forward to any suggestions as there is not driver published on the HP homepage and no, I do not have the CD disc any more unfortunately.

Best Regards

Milan M

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 2 of 5 (149 Views)

Re: Hp deskjet 1280 with windows 7 home premium 64b in norwegian.

The drivers should be built into Windows. When you go to manually add the printer, there should be an option to run Windows Update and that will download some more drivers and it should have the one that you are looking for. 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Professor
Gordon_H
Message 3 of 5 (149 Views)

Hi Milan,

Have you tried running the HP Print and Scan Doctor? It may be able to recommend the right driver and where to download it.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=439174&p...

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
Milan84
Message 4 of 5 (138 Views)

Hi, I have tried to run Windows update manually without luck. I have even tried to search the list of compatible printers in Windows and a lot of HP printers are listed, but not the Deskjet 1280 (Only Deskjet 1220).

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 5 of 5 (130 Views)

You might want to go ahead and try the 1220 driver as it may be from the same series of printers. If that doesn't work, try the Deskjet 990C driver, it works almost as a universal driver for most of our printers. 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation