Question

Student
igurasi
Message 1 of 2 (929 Views)

Hp laserjet p1005 and windows 7 32bit

Hello,

As i install the drivers for my printer everything is going fine, but progress stops as the screen pops out asking me to connect my printer to my pc. as this window comes up my windows automaticly install driver for usb printer compatibility. But nothing happens.I did everything following description but still. Nothing happens as i connect them. they are connected by usb cable.

I tried instaling drivers on my other laptop with windows xp and everything went smooth.

Do you have any ideas what could be the problem?

Master's Graduate
kawaii_aoi
Message 2 of 2 (914 Views)

Re: Hp laserjet p1005 and windows 7 32bit

Hi igurasi,

Sorry to hear about the installation issue. There will be a couple of reasons why that is happening.

• It could be a USB port on the computer so you can try other available USB ports and disconnect other hardware connected.
  • Temporarily disable all anti-virus / firewall during installation to avoid any issues.
  • You can also check the USB cable itself for any damage. Check both ends and make sure it's connected properly, disconnect and reconnect it if necessary.
  • Check the USB port also of your printer if there's any physical damage, obstruction, etc.
  • If possible, try to install on another computer and see if it works, if not then printer needs to be replaced, possibly due to defective USB port.

Hope this works for you!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cheers! :smileyhappy:

* If this post has helped you, the White Kudos star on the left is a great way to say thanks!
* Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so other users can benefit as well.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation