12-29-2012 01:34 PM
I bought a new laptop with Windows 8, and downloaded drivers for HP Deskjet F4180. It would never load and just kept hanging up the computer
12-29-2012 01:44 PM
Is this the file ?
Please try this way: right click it and click run as administrator.
Hope this helps.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
05-09-2013 03:19 AM
Can u let me know at what stage the installation freezes?What is the error message?Make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet.And the USB cable to be 2.0 compliant.
Also follow these steps and
First do a normal uninstallation of going to control panel and then removin gthe software or you can also try to uninstall it from the cd/downloaded version
In order to remove the registry entries,
1. Click on Windows/Start icon and in the search box,type in regedit and the registry editor opens.
2. Export the registry and save it on your desktop.This step has to be performed before performing any changes to the registry.Click on File-->Export and give the location to save as Desktop and mention a file name in the window.
3. Click on File and go to HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\System\CurrentControlSet\Contr
4. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers and you will find folders as Connections,Defaults,DevModePerUSer,DevMOdes2,Sett
5. Go to HKEY_USERS and in that you have subfolders as .DEFAULT and S-1-5- .Click on each of the folders and on the right hand side if you find the printer entries,please right click and click on delete.There will only be 1 printer entry in these subfolders.So if you have found the printer entry in the first folder,then dont look for other folders
6.Restart the computer so that the changes get reflected.
7.Install the software again.
though I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution