I bought new laptop with Windows 8. I have HP Deskjet F4180. downloaded drivers, won't work (1055 Views)
Student
DonnaJF
Message 1 of 4 (1,055 Views)

I bought new laptop with Windows 8. I have HP Deskjet F4180. downloaded drivers, won't work

I bought a new laptop with Windows 8,  and downloaded drivers for HP Deskjet F4180.  It would never load and just kept hanging up the computer

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (1,053 Views)

Re: I bought new laptop with Windows 8. I have HP Deskjet F4180. downloaded drivers, won't work

Hi,

Is this the file ?

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL29976/al-109245-1/DJ_AIO_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_140_404.exe

Please try this way: right click it and click run as administrator.

Hope this helps.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Darloboy
Message 3 of 4 (907 Views)

Re: I bought new laptop with Windows 8. I have HP Deskjet F4180. downloaded drivers, won't work

I tried that and made no difference...
Teacher
Ronnie_N
Message 4 of 4 (883 Views)

HI,

Can u let me know at what stage the installation freezes?What is the error message?Make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet.And the USB cable to be 2.0 compliant.

Also follow these steps and

First do a normal uninstallation of going to control panel and then removin gthe software or you can also try to uninstall it from the cd/downloaded version

In order to remove the registry entries,
1. Click on Windows/Start icon and in the search box,type in regedit and the registry editor opens.
2. Export the registry and save it on your desktop.This step has to be performed before performing any changes to the registry.Click on File-->Export and give the location to save as Desktop and mention a file name in the window.
3. Click on File and go to HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers.If you find any entries of the printers,right click and delete the printers.
4. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers and you will find folders as Connections,Defaults,DevModePerUSer,DevMOdes2,Settings.Once you click on each of the folder,on the right hand side,you will notice the printer entries.Right click on the printer and click on delete.You have to do this for all the folders present in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers.
5. Go to HKEY_USERS and in that you have subfolders as .DEFAULT  and S-1-5-  .Click on each of the folders and on the right hand side if you find the printer entries,please right click and click on delete.There will only be 1 printer entry in these subfolders.So if you have found the printer entry in the first folder,then dont look for other folders

6.Restart the computer so that the changes get reflected.

7.Install the software again.

Regards,

Ronnie_N

though I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution

Distinguised Professor
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation