12-21-2013 04:38 PM
I experiment the same issue, with no ways. Spending the full day hunting the web.
I have a CM1015MFP with Win7: scanner doesn't work. Printer is not recognized as an HP printer, so th "HP solution center" doesn't find any devices whereas eveything is installed correctly.
So the full Vista solution has been installed with the fact that all executable files have been updated with the correct execution mode (Vista SP2) regarding the document provided on the HP web site.
So my question is simple:
Is HP able to provide a full package install solution as it was for WinXP? After watching all emails complaining that CM1015 doesn't work with win7, that should be a right solution???
After trying to solve this, some people have no other choice than changing their printer device. I can't afford this solution, So could please propose a solution.
Thanks a lot for your attention , help and solution.
12-30-2013 07:31 AM
Finally, I found a solution; I don't know why it works, but IT works.
Here all step I've done to solve that.
- Remove all HP software from previous install, unplug also the printer
- Copy the "Full Vista package" on a location
- Go to "add Device" on Windows, then , select "I have a location where all drivers are present" ("select Disk...") and select "Drivers" on the Full Vista package (or another loaction which matches HP CM1015/1017 drivers)
- Let Windows installing all data with windows update and with the location you provided
- The printer should be found as "HP Color Laserjet CM1015_CM1017 MFP PS". At this stage the scanner doesn't work, you have to do the same operation for installing scanner.
- Go to "add Device", select "Scanner" , then select the place whare all drivers are located. Normally when you select the good driver, Windows tells you: "installing scanner"...
Finally, We don't install any software from HP, we let windows finding good drivers, sometimes, we help him to find a driver. That's all .
So "HP Imaging", "HP resources Center" are not installed anymore, nevertheless, I've got a color printer which is working properly. The scanner works as well using the "Windows numerisation" tool
01-08-2014 07:08 AM
However, Windows did not recognize the scanner when I added new device. So I right-clicked on the printer which was easily recognized, selected properties and updated the scanner drivers which were marked with a yellow sign. You have to browse your computer to the Full Vista Package. At first, I showed the location of the drivers inside the folder and it wouldn't install them. Then I selected the whole Full Vista Package and windows was able to find the drivers.
Pour les francophones: ne pas utiliser le logiciel HP pour installer et faire fonctionner le scanner. Allez dans imprimantes et périphériques puis brancher la CM1017. Windows va installer tout seul l'imprimante. Pour la partie scanner, faire un clic droit sur l'imprimante et dans propriétés, mettre à jour les pilotes ( pas automatiquement, vous montrez à Windows l'emplacement des pilotes en pointant vers le dossier HP Full Vista Package que vous aurez téléchargé sur le site HP. Les pilotes à mettre à jour sont ceux précédés d'un signe d'avertissement en jaune. une fois mis à jour, le scanner fonctionnera à l'aide du logiciel de Windows "télécopie et numérisation" si vous écrivez "scan" dans le champ après avoir appuyé sur le drapeau le logiciel apparaît.
01-08-2014 12:31 PM
If HP wants that we use their tools, the best idea is to implement a "full Win 7" solution...
Merci pour la traduction en Français, je pense que il y a un paquet de monde concerné
07-18-2014 03:28 PM
Thanks for this, Lazeerider -- it was just the clue I needed after lots of time wasted in the "uninstall everything, reinstall and fail at HP SCAN, HP EWS, HP...CM1015" loop. My setup DID WORK on Win7, not sure what all I did to start, but after the printer and computer were turned off for a long weekend, it came back broken. No joy even with all 6 executables set to Vista SP2 compatibility mode and careful attention to the process.
What finally worked after the install failed at the "plug in USB" stage, was to go the device in the Devices and Printers view, select the properties for the 3 of 5 components that were broken, and browse to the top of the unpacked ZIP, as you said.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS