Question

Teacher
affableLJ
Message 1 of 25 (13,034 Views)

“I can only print but I cannot scan from my CM1015/CM1017 MFP in Windows 7. What do I do?”

This product series does not have a product-specific driver for Windows 7. Some HP product software created for the Windows Vista operating system can be run on a Windows 7 PC in compatibility mode to enable product software functionality. There is a support document with instructions on how to do this for the HP Color LaserJet CM1015 and CM1017 Multifunction Products (M.... This is considered the best driver option in Windows 7 for these product series. 

Regards,
affableLJ
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
I am an HP employee!
Student
Ayoo
Message 2 of 25 (12,427 Views)

Re: “I can only print but I cannot scan from my CM1015/CM1017 MFP in Windows 7. What do I do?”

I installed my Color LaserJet printer with my vista DVDs as instructed in the document provided by HP but still cannot scan. I have had this problem before i upgraded from Vista to Windows 7  but in vista, i would run the hpscnw application in the HP folder in "program files" folder which does the job but that is not working in Win 7. I can not believe HP won't provide support for an office printer such as this. What a let down, i can't recommend HP products any more cos they are let downs

Provost
pcwizard
Message 3 of 25 (12,377 Views)

Re: “I can only print but I cannot scan from my CM1015/CM1017 MFP in Windows 7. What do I do?”

Hi 

This is a commercial line product. For the best answer to your questions you will need to repost your question to the following links. 

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Support-Forums/ct-p/business-support 

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-LaserJet/bd-p/bsc-413 

I am an HP employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Retired
SedonaF
Message 4 of 25 (12,025 Views)

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 5 of 25 (11,653 Views)

Try downloading the drivers from hp.com instead of using the disk. Also before you do another install, make sure you have uninstalled all previous attempts, deleted all drivers from your download folder and recycle bin, and rebooted your computer.

Once you have downloaded the drivers from hp.com, make sure you follow the steps in the document. There is a twain/scan driver that has to be marked.

I am an HP employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

Top Student
Singhaja
Message 6 of 25 (9,642 Views)

Though HP donot have specific scanner S/w for the printer, but We could check with ReadIris S/w that could be found in goolge.co help and could be utilised as workaround.

ReadIris gives you multiple scaning option and also supports multiple scanners.

Try it and if found working.Please Let us Know

Ajay Kumar
Honor Student
drspmsn
Message 7 of 25 (9,232 Views)

Cannot use scan mode on HP photosmart Premium

affableLJ wrote:

This product series does not have a product-specific driver for Windows 7. Some HP product software created for the Windows Vista operating system can be run on a Windows 7 PC in compatibility mode to enable product software functionality. There is a support document with instructions on how to do this for the HP Color LaserJet CM1015 and CM1017 Multifunction Products (M.... This is considered the best driver option in Windows 7 for these product series. 

affableLJ wrote:

I am getting a message on printer .... scan problem try starting scan from computer

..... not recognising memory card when inserted

...... not recognising USB flash device when inserted.

I need to use scanner for uni course help !

Student
selinapoon
Message 8 of 25 (8,083 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi

I am experiencing the same problem.  I have a CM1015. My lap top is on Window 7. 

I have followed all the instructions described, I can print, but still Solution Centre does not recognise the scanner.  It gives me the following error:

---------------------------
HP Solution Center
No HP devices have been detected.  HP Solution Center will close now.
OK   

Neither can I print from Paint.

Do you know how this can be resolved?

Thanks

Selina

I have got this problem resolved after downloading the new driver from the hp web site and reinstalled it.

There is no more problem with me.

Honor Student
rothenbj
Message 9 of 25 (7,588 Views)

Same issue here with the scanner.  Ihave repeated the install in vista compatibility with the same issue with the printer not being recognized in the toolbox and the inability to scan.  Obviously the solution works for some, but not all CM1015s.

Top Student
Singhaja
Message 10 of 25 (5,222 Views)

[ Edited ]

There is Full Solution Software available in HP Website for Vista OS : http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18...

You can download and extract the file and run the S/w in Compatability mode by changing few files named: hpzsetup.exe, HpZstub,.exe setup.exe and autorun.exe to Vista compatibility mode.

Try Installing the s/w, for sure will help you in scan.

If the solution works for you " Say Thanks by clicking Kudos" and keeing checking update in this forum.

Ajay Kumar
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation