Question
“I can only print but I cannot scan from my CM1015/CM1017 MFP in Windows 7. What do I do?”
Replies (24)

Honor Student
triangle
Message 11 of 25 (1,607 Views)

Re: “I can only print but I cannot scan from my CM1015/CM1017 MFP in Windows 7. What do I do?”

I have changed the compatibility on the setup files. The install starts fine and it installs the printer drivers, but then when the install continues it stops saying it can not connect to the printer.  Well, I know it can connect because I can print to the printer.  I have completely turned off my firewalls as well, so that's not the issue.  Is there a way to bypass that portion of the install and just install the components (Scan, Scanto, Solution Center,etc)?

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 12 of 25 (1,588 Views)

Re: “I can only print but I cannot scan from my CM1015/CM1017 MFP in Windows 7. What do I do?”

triangle,

Could you please provide how you are connecting to the printer? USB or network?

Thanks.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

Honor Student
triangle
Message 13 of 25 (1,586 Views)

Network

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 14 of 25 (1,576 Views)

triangle,

I loaded the software via a network connection today. What I noticed was the scanning fuction was located under the HP Solution center icon on my desktop. Do you have this icon on your desktop? If so, could you check in there and see if you have the ability to scan?

I am an HP employee.

Honor Student
triangle
Message 15 of 25 (1,568 Views)

Auntie,  please read my original post again.  The installer will not even complete, so I don't any programs to try.

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 16 of 25 (1,562 Views)

Ok...I am puzzled by this because I can get the installer to complete by adapting the files in the document instuctions. I am re-running everything again this morning just to double check to see if the HP solution center shows up. Hang in there with me.

Did you following these instuctions and use the Vista installer and adapt the files? 

I am an HP employee.

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 17 of 25 (1,555 Views)

I did want to follow up with you today and let you know that I was successful in my install. Once I finished the install, the HP solution center icon appeared on my desktop and I was able to scan to the cm1017 successfully.

Now, I do understand that you haven't been able to successfully get the installer to complete so I am going to need to understand where the issue is. On what screen is it getting stuck? Is it the screen where you are trying to have to installer automatically find the printer? Or do you input the IP address manually? Or another screen? Is it possible to post a screenshot of the screen the install is getting stuck on? Also, any other information that might be helpful so that I may try and reproduce this issue.

Thanks for hanging in there with me.

I am an HP employee.

Top Student
Lazeerider
Message 18 of 25 (1,218 Views)

... he probably gave up!!!!!

Dear experts

I have followed your advice step by step. It worked with my ASUS eeepc running Windows 7 Starter 32bits (version 6.1 7601 service pack 1)but there is no way to have hp_CLJ_CM1015-CM1017_Full_Solution Software installed on my Dell Inspiron 1570 running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits (version 6.1 7601 service pack 1)

Installation crashes with the following message: error 16415212, Now Launching=X:\hpzwrp01.exe -m dpinst64xml_vista  -IXXX -f X:\hppins06.dat -validate No dat -validate No = Application did not return ERROR_SUCCESS. returned 0x643 Exit code=1603

firewall and MS Security Essentials were disabled. I also tried HP Vista.hta advice and disabled all startup items to no avail.

of course I can print with the universal driver but I need the scanner which does not work even with Windows fax and scan utility.

Windows updates probably impeded your workaround.

Thanks for your help

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 19 of 25 (1,186 Views)

Hi Lazeerider,

I understand that you are having a problem installing the software and drivers in Windows 7 for the CM1015/CM1017 printer. I suggest following the steps in this document for Fatal Error 'Error 1603. A fatal error occurred during installation' (MSI Error 1603) Displays Durin....

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes.

Thank you.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Lazeerider
Message 20 of 25 (1,161 Views)

IT DIDN'T WORK!

Thank you for trying to help anyway.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation