Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP officejeetPro 6830
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I've tried to install hp officejet 6830 in my laptop that have windows 7, and it fails.  I always get the icons of the printer and my laptop with a red "X" and it says printer fails to install over the net-work.  It's been about 2 weeks trying to install the printer, and I don't know what to do now.  I hope somebody helps me.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It worked THANK YOU!!!!  I performed the "Clean Boot", and finally I connected my officepro 6830 printer. I've been dealing with this about over a month.  Thank you so much.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi @arriaga 

Do you maybe have a firewall or antivirus that is blocking the installation?

Please turn off the Real-Time Scanning and Firewalls; The image below is a McAfee example, if you have a different antivirus program and need help disabling Real-Time Scanning and Firewalls let me know.

Capture.JPG

Image source

I hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

No It did'nt work.   I don't know if it's windows the problem.  I had window XP before, and then I installed windows seven 64 bits.  I had some problems with windows  seven at the beginning.  I had an old printer that it was workings, but all of the sadden it didn't work.  Then I tried to installed another old printer that I had working with my laptop, but I had the same problem, it failed the installation.  I going to keep trying.  Thank you for your advice.

HP Recommended

Hi @arriaga 

Instead of trying to install the printer over the network, can you connect a USB cable and complete the installation? This will help determine if the issue is with Windows or perhaps something to do with the network.

Another suggestion is for you to run the Microsoft fix it utility;

What it fixes
  • Corrupted registry keys on 64-bit operating systems
  • Corrupted registry keys that control the update data
  • Problems that prevent new programs from being installed
  • Problems that prevent existing programs from being completely uninstalled or updated
  • Problems that block you from uninstalling a program through the Add or Remove Programs (or Programs and Features) item in Control Panel

If the issue persists, try the HP Print and Scan Doctor. The HP Print and Scan Doctor is a free utility (tool) that helps to quickly resolve common printing, scanning and connectivity issues including but not limited to:

• Connectivity :
     USB: Verifies that the USB connection from your computer to the HP product is working correctly.
    Network: Verifies that the network connection between your computer and your network is working correctly.
  • Device Status Test : Checks for device errors such as out of paper, paper jams, carriage stalls, and paper feed issues, and then provides instructions for fixing the error.
  • Driver Check : Checks for missing or corrupt driver files.
  • Device Manager : Checks for problems in Device Manager that would prevent printing.
  • Device Online : Checks if the product has been paused or set to offline, and then sets the status back to online if necessary.
  • Print Queue : Checks for and clears pending print jobs in the print queue (a log of print jobs waiting to print).
  • Port Match : Checks the port settings for the HP product.
  • Device Conflicts : Checks for conflicts with other drivers, such as other printer brands.
  • Ink Issues : Checks the cartridges and ink levels for issues that affect print quality.
  • Print Settings : Checks and adjusts the print quality settings.
  • Test Print : Prints a test page for print quality evaluation, and provides options for cleaning and aligning the printhead if necessary.
  • Scan Tests : Checks the scan mechanism, drivers, and registry entries.
You can also click the Printer menu to find the additional features such as cleaning printheads, aligning printheads, checking ink levels, and viewing advanced printer data for your selected printer.

Click here to download and run the Print and Scan Doctor> www.hp.com/go/tools

Please let me know if one of these recommendations resolve the issue, thanks.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I tried Microsoft Fix it, but the program did'nt continue because it encountered a runtime error, and it advise me to try again later (Code 800700B7).  Before I tried to connect the printer with a USB cable, but it's the same thing, nothing.  I also tried the HP print and Scan Doctor, but nothing I still have the same problem, not able to connect the printer.  I'll keep trying.  Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @arriaga 

I am sorry to hear the issue remains unresolved. Please try the instructions in the document below; Simply click on Windows 7, then on Resolve an 'Unable to find printer' issue on a wireless network, and click on Solution two: manually resolve the issue.

An 'Unable to Find the Printer' Error Displays for the HP Officejet 6810 and Officejet Pro 6830 e-Al....

Fingers crossed.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

It did't work either.  The network does find the printer, but after I select the printer to continue the installations in the last step the dialog box says "Unsuccessful Network installation".  I always get there.  I've tried all your advices, but nothing yet.  Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @arriaga 

I have a feeling the issue is some how related solely to the something on the computer.

Let's first try performing a clean boot; How to perform a clean boot in Windows

If the issue persists, try the following;

If you want to give a quick step a try I would suggest unlocking the hidden Administrator account and installing under there. This will also help prove that whatever is causing the error is related to your user account. To do this please follow the steps below.

How to Unlock Admin Account:

1. Go to your Start menu and under the 'search programs and files' box type CMD
  2. CMD will populate as a search option above, just right click on it and 'run as administrator'
  3. Once CMD (Command Prompt) opens, type net user administrator /active:yes and hit enter
  4. Next, close CMD and restart your computer
  5. When your computer comes on log into the new account that should show. It will  be called Administrator and will not have a password on it.
  6. If your computer automatically logs into your account after restart than go to your start menu click the arrow beside 'shutdown' and choose 'switch user'. Now log into the Administrator account we just unlocked
  7. Under the Administrator account download and install the drivers: HP LaserJet Pro Series Full Solution Software and Driver
  8. If everything installs fine, log out of this account and back into your normal user account. All the Software and Drivers for your product should show installed now on your account.

If everything works fine, you will want to Hide the Administrator account.

1. Go to your Start menu and under the 'search programs and files' box type CMD
  2. CMD will populate as a search option above, just right click on it and 'run as administrator'
  3. Once CMD (Command Prompt) opens, type net user administrator /active:no and hit enter
  4. Next, close CMD and restart your computer

- These steps are from a post by X-23 : Source

If the issue persists, I suggest calling us. A support professional can remote access your computer, with your permissions of course, and may be able to see something we are not seeing.

If you are in Canada or US call 800 474 6836, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

It worked THANK YOU!!!!  I performed the "Clean Boot", and finally I connected my officepro 6830 printer. I've been dealing with this about over a month.  Thank you so much.

HP Recommended

@arriaga 

I am so glad to hear we got it working!!

Would you consider modifying which post you marked as 'Accept as Solution'? I believe Message 8 would be considered the solution. If you agree, please use the instructions below to make this change.

1. Go to the post you marked as the Accepted Solution

2. To the right of the subject line click on Options

3. Scroll down to 'Not the Solution' and click

4. Now you should be able to scroll to Message 8 and mark it as 'Accepted as Solution'

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Forums!

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.