Question

Honor Student
Tim_G
Message 1 of 6 (355 Views)

I downloaded software for J6480 onto Windows 7 64bit. When i try to scan, I get HP Photo Essential

I downloaded software for J6480 onto Windows 7 64bit.  When i try to scan, I get HP Photo Essential error message that indicates a problem with Photosmart Essentials software and says to reinstall.  I have Uninstalled and reinstalled this software 4 times now with same result.  What is the fix?

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 2 of 6 (345 Views)

Re: I downloaded software for J6480 onto Windows 7 64bit. When i try to scan, I get HP Photo Essent

Hello Tim_G,

HP Photo Essentials was replaced by a newer program called HP Photo creations. You can find it here

http://www.hp.com/global/us/en/consumer/digital_photography/free/software/photo-creations.html

There may be compatibility issues with HP Photo Essentials running on Windows 7 that should not appear with the HP Photo Creations.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Teacher
pctech33
Message 3 of 6 (339 Views)

Re: I downloaded software for J6480 onto Windows 7 64bit. When i try to scan, I get HP Photo Essent

Go to www.hp.com Enter the product name / number. Be sure to check the additional information, like how to install the driver or troubleshooting guides.

Message 4 of 6 (334 Views)

Hi everyone.

One clarification: HP Photo Creations is not a direct replacement for Photosmart Essentials. It's designed to help you make creative projects with your photos after you've imported them.

For scanning, try Windows' built-in scanning software, Windows Fax and Scan.

Hope this helps,

RocketLife 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
» Visit the HP Photo Creations Facebook page — news, tips, and inspiration
» See the HP Photo Creations video tours — cool tips in under 2 minutes
» Contact Customer Support — get answers from the experts
Honor Student
Tim_G
Message 5 of 6 (330 Views)

Thank you for your reply.  I've used the Windows Fax and Scan and don't have an option there to scan to a PDF file like on the previous versions of J6480 Scan software.  I've been using the TIFF file format but the scan is not as good.  Any way to get a PDF without buying Adobe Acrobat? 

Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 6 of 6 (328 Views)

I haven't tried them all, so this isn't an official recommendation, but Google has lots of suggestions for PDF creation software.

Hope this helps,

RocketLife 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
» Visit the HP Photo Creations Facebook page — news, tips, and inspiration
» See the HP Photo Creations video tours — cool tips in under 2 minutes
» Contact Customer Support — get answers from the experts
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation