Question

Student
Kim4366
Message 1 of 4 (2,358 Views)

I have a dell aio A920 and hp laptop windows 7 64 bit...anything i can do to make the 2 compatible

Professor
Picardje
Message 2 of 4 (2,330 Views)

Re: I have a dell aio A920 and hp laptop windows 7 64 bit...anything i can do to make the 2 compatib

Hi,

Well Dell does not seem to provide a driver for this unit under window 7. But I did found a website describing how to use the Vista driver on windows 7. CLick HERE to find it. Be aware that its not an HP site and HP is not responsible for its content.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Honor Student
marybirk
Message 3 of 4 (1,748 Views)

Re: I have a dell aio A920 and hp laptop windows 7 64 bit...anything i can do to make the 2 compatib

I found something that works to install a Dell AIO A920 printer on a Windows & system and I would like to share it with all of you that have this same problem.  It's long but NOT complicated and IT WORKS

Let's start. Go to this site: 

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?docid=266371

It should bring you to a page that says "

How to Download and Install the Drivers for a Dell A920 Printer"I know what you're thinking......if you are anything like I was.....I was on this page many, many times and this DID NOT work, but bear with me and give it a shot cuz IT WORKS....IT REALLY DOES.

Under Table of Contents click on 1. "Uninstall the existing Dell printer Driver" and follow the instructions. Make sure you restart your computer after you uninstalled your Dell printer Driver and make sure you DO NOT reconnect the USB cable to the printer until you are told to do so.

Go to Issue 2 "Download and Install the Inkjet Printer Drivers" and click on "A920 Download page" I know you've probably been here a lot, too.

It will say "Do you have your Service Tag or Express Service Code?" Go to the NO side and mark "Choose from a list of all Dell products" and then click Continue

It will say "Select your product type" and click on "Printers & Imaging solutions"

It will say "Choose your Dell Printers & Imagings Solutions" Click on Printer

Scroll down and click on the "A920 All In One Personal Printer" (It's towards the bottom and in the middle row)

This brings you to "Drivers & Download" page

Where it says "Refine your results" make sure it says Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit in it

Go to the Dell Patch/Upgrade and click on download file.

It will say "Choose Files to Download" and mark "Hard Drive - R166244.zip" and then click Continue

It will say "Choose Download Method" and mark "single-file download" then click Continue

It will say "What do you want to do with R166244.zip?

Go to "Save As" and save it on your desktop as R166244.zip (also called the DellXPCleanUpUtility)

Download it and follow instructions. This takes a little time.

Go back to the Drivers & Download page and where it says "Refine your results" change it to Microsoft Windows

Vista 64 bit

You will have to download both the Dell Application (R153716.exe) and the Dell Driver (R153048.exe) files. Make sure that the box where it says "Refine Your Results" has Microsoft Windows Vista 64 bit in it

Run R166244.zip and follow directions It will take a while. You will have to restart your computer after this is run

HERE'S THE TRICKY PART so pay attention

Run R153716 first. Go to your desktop and find R153716 and RIGHT CLICK on "properties" and then click on "compatibility"

Mark the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and then mark Windows Vista (Just plain Vista) Make sure the box that says "Run this program as administrator" is NOT marked

Go down and click on "Change setting for all users" and mark the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and mark it Windows Vista (Just plain Vista) and once again, Make sure the box that says "Run this program as administrator" is NOT marked

Hit Apply, then Ok. Hit Apply, then OK

RIGHT CLICK on R153716 again and NOW click on "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" (I know it sounds funny, but it works). You won't have to do much here. It will be the FAX

Find R153048 on your desktop where you saved this file and do the same thing with this.

Rite click on R153048 and click on "Properties" and then click on "compatibility." Make sure that the "Run this program in compatibility mode" is marked for Windows Vista and that the "Run this program as administrator" is NOT marked.

Click on "Change settings for all users" and make sure that the "Run this program in compatibility mode" is marked for Windows Vista and that the "Run this program as administrator" is NOT marked. Click Apply, then Ok. Click Apply, then OK.

When Set up comes on, once again right click and make sure it's marked to run compatible with Windows Vista (this should already be done) and once again right click and "run as administrator and follow instructions.

Make sure to connect your printer to your computer's USB port when it says and make sure your printer is turned on.

When that is finished you should get to a page that says to print an alignment page, click it to print an alignment page.

This should take care of it.

Now remember, I have a 64-bit operating system and I'm not real sure if this would work on a 32-bit system but I sure hope it helps a lot of you out there.

Honor Student
marybirk
Message 4 of 4 (1,747 Views)

I found something that works to install a Dell AIO A920 printer on a Windows & system and I would ike to share it with all of you that have this same problem. it's long but not complicated and IT WORKS

Let's start. Go to this site:

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?docid=266371

It should bring you to a page that says "

How to Download and Install the Drivers for a Dell A920 Printer"I know what you're thinking......if you are anything like I was.....I was on this page many, many times and this DID NOT work, but bear with me and give it a shot cuz IT WORKS....IT REALLY DOES.

Under Table of Contents click on 1. "Uninstall the existing Dell printer Driver" and follow the instructions. Make sure you restart your computer after you uninstalled your Dell printer Driver and make sure you DO NOT reconnect the USB cable to the printer until you are told to do so.

Go to Issue 2 "Download and Install the Inkjet Printer Drivers" and click on "A920 Download page" I know you've probably been here a lot, too.

It will say "Do you have your Service Tag or Express Service Code?" Go to the NO side and mark "Choose from a list of all Dell products" and then click Continue

It will say "Select your product type" and click on "Printers & Imaging solutions"

It will say "Choose your Dell Printers & Imagings Solutions" Click on Printer

Scroll down and click on the "A920 All In One Personal Printer" (It's towards the bottom and in the middle row)

This brings you to "Drivers & Download" page

Where it says "Refine your results" make sure it says Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit in it

Go to the Dell Patch/Upgrade and click on download file.

It will say "Choose Files to Download" and mark "Hard Drive - R166244.zip" and then click Continue

It will say "Choose Download Method" and mark "single-file download" then click Continue

It will say "What do you want to do with R166244.zip?

Go to "Save As" and save it on your desktop as R166244.zip (also called the DellXPCleanUpUtility)

Download it and follow instructions. This takes a little time.

Go back to the Drivers & Download page and where it says "Refine your results" change it to Microsoft Windows

Vista 64 bit

You will have to download both the Dell Application (R153716.exe) and the Dell Driver (R153048.exe) files. Make sure that the box where it says "Refine Your Results" has Microsoft Windows Vista 64 bit in it

Run R166244.zip and follow directions It will take a while. You will have to restart your computer after this is run

HERE'S THE TRICKY PART so pay attention

Run R153716 first. Go to your desktop and find R153716 and RIGHT CLICK on "properties" and then click on "compatibility"

Mark the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and then mark Windows Vista (Just plain Vista) Make sure the box that says "Run this program as administrator" is NOT marked

Go down and click on "Change setting for all users" and mark the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and mark it Windows Vista (Just plain Vista) and once again, Make sure the box that says "Run this program as administrator" is NOT marked

Hit Apply, then Ok. Hit Apply, then OK

RIGHT CLICK on R153716 again and NOW click on "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" (I know it sounds funny, but it works). You won't have to do much here. It will be the FAX

Find R153048 on your desktop where you saved this file and do the same thing with this.

Rite click on R153048 and click on "Properties" and then click on "compatibility." Make sure that the "Run this program in compatibility mode" is marked for Windows Vista and that the "Run this program as administrator" is NOT marked.

Click on "Change settings for all users" and make sure that the "Run this program in compatibility mode" is marked for Windows Vista and that the "Run this program as administrator" is NOT marked. Click Apply, then Ok. Click Apply, then OK.

When Set up comes on, once again right click and make sure it's marked to run compatible with Windows Vista (this should already be done) and once again right click and "run as administrator and follow instructions.

Make sure to connect your printer to your computer's USB port when it says and make sure your printer is turned on.

When that is finished you should get to a page that says to print an alignment page, click it to print an alignment page.

This should take care of it.

Now remember, I have a 64-bit operating system and I'm not real sure if this would work on a 32-bit system but I sure hope it helps a lot of you out there.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation