06-21-2012 05:44 PM
06-21-2012 08:15 PM
I don't know what you call it, but it was the icon that allowed me to open up and selecting scanning, etc. By the way the printer is connected and prints from my other programs.
06-22-2012 10:52 AM
Ok, first lets check to make sure all the HP software is still installed.
1. Click the Start Orb in the bottom left of your screen
2. Type "Uninstall" in the search box and select the result titled "uninstall a program"
3. Once here look for anything that begins with HP. See if all the printer software is still here.
If not we will need to reinstall the software. Let me know what you find.
06-22-2012 03:19 PM
Ok. It sounds like the software has been uninstalled somehow. Lets reinstall all the software. Download the driver pack here: HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers
Once it is finished run the software and let it finish. This should reinstall the software and place a new icon on your desktop. Let me know if this resolve the issue.
09-28-2013 01:40 AM
I have a new M1210 MFP. FINALLY got the software installed and can print wirelessly. There is no icon on my desktop to allow me to use printer features from my desktop. How do i install it?
09-30-2013 01:50 PM
Hello babs123. Try these steps to get an icon for the printer on the desktop.
1. Go into Printers and Faxes (Windows XP), Printers (Windows Vista), Devices and Printers (Windows 7 and 8).
2. You should see an icon for the Laserjet M1210. Drag the icon from that folder onto an empty space on the desktop.
3. Try to run it from the desktop.
Let me know if this assists you or not. I'm only here to help!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS