I have lost my desktop icon. How can I replace? (510 Views)
Top Student
leolouie
Message 1 of 9 (510 Views)

I have lost my desktop icon. How can I replace?

I have a 309a all in one with windows 7- 64bit.  I have lost my desktop icon.  How can I replace it?

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 2 of 9 (502 Views)

Re: I have lost my desktop icon. How can I replace?

Hey Leo. What icon is missing? Did you have a shortcut to the printer or was it the Icon for the Solution Center?

Thanks!

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Top Student
leolouie
Message 3 of 9 (499 Views)

I don't know what you call it, but it was the icon that allowed me to open up and selecting scanning, etc.  By the way the printer is connected and prints from my other programs.

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 4 of 9 (492 Views)

Ok, first lets check to make sure all the HP software is still installed.

1. Click the Start Orb in the bottom left of your screen

2. Type "Uninstall" in the search box and select the result titled "uninstall a program"

3. Once here look for anything that begins with HP. See if all the printer software is still here.

If not we will need to reinstall the software. Let me know what you find.

Thanks!

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Top Student
leolouie
Message 5 of 9 (487 Views)

I have two files:

1. HP Product Detection
  2. HP Update
Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 6 of 9 (483 Views)

Ok. It sounds like the software has been uninstalled somehow. Lets reinstall all the software. Download the driver pack here: HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers

Once it is finished run the software and let it finish. This should reinstall the software and place a new icon on your desktop. Let me know if this resolve the issue.

Thanks!

Sean

Student
limac
Message 7 of 9 (330 Views)

Have no icon on pc for HP photosmart.  Have various icon for HP, but not the one that shows different things to do?? ie: scan, print,photos, ect

Student
babs123
Message 8 of 9 (268 Views)

I have a new M1210 MFP. FINALLY got the software installed and can print wirelessly. There is no icon on my desktop to allow me to use printer features from my desktop. How do i install it?

HP
SuperMario1
Message 9 of 9 (245 Views)

Hello babs123. Try these steps to get an icon for the printer on the desktop.

1. Go into Printers and Faxes (Windows XP), Printers (Windows Vista), Devices and Printers (Windows 7 and 8).

2. You should see an icon for the Laserjet M1210. Drag the icon from that folder onto an empty space on the desktop.

3. Try to run it from the desktop.

Let me know if this assists you or not. I'm only here to help!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

SuperMario1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation