Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@sharpy4615 wrote:

I have a mac w.o. disc player so I need to install a officejet 4500 without a disk

Which model Officejet 4500 do you have?  There are several models:

Click on your model, then click Drivers, then select your operating system and click Next.  Next look for the full feature driver and download and then install according to the instructions.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

@harlow wrote:

Have a new computer with Windows 8 and want to install my Officejet 4500.  The disk that came with it does not support Windows 8

Do you have a 32 bit or 64 bit version of Windows?  

Which model Officejet 4500 do you have?  There are several models:

Click on your model, then click Drivers, then select your operating system (including the proper selection for 32 or 64 bit OS) and click Next.  Next look for the full feature driver and download and then install according to the instructions.  Do not connect the USB cable to your computer until instructed to by the installer.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

@kuyajlo wrote:

I downloaded the driver, installed it, and my comp is connected via usb and its not locating that its connected to the computer. Need help please!

What operating system? If you are using Windows the tools at http://www.hp.com/go/tools may help resolve the issue.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

I need to install my hp officejet 4500 without a disk

HP Recommended

I lost my install disk for my hp officejet 4500 wireless printer and I need to reinstall. Please help!

HP Recommended

@teewizze wrote:

I lost my install disk for my hp officejet 4500 wireless printer and I need to reinstall. Please help!

Click here, select your operating systm, then look for the full featured driver and any updates.  Instructions for the installation will be included in the link above. 

If you are using a recent version of Windows the Driver Install Wizard at http://www.hp.com/go/tools may help resolve the issue.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

@etc357 wrote:

I need to install my hp officejet 4500 without a disk

HP Recommended

i have lost my printer disc.

HP Recommended

@LETLAPA wrote:

i have lost my printer disc.

Click here, select your operating systm, then look for the full featured driver and any updates.  Instructions for the installation will be included in the link above. 

If you are using a recent version of Windows the Driver Install Wizard athttp://www.hp.com/go/tools may help resolve the issue.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.