02-05-2013 02:42 PM
I have a very trusty HP PSC 2175 All-in-One that still runs like a top. We just bought a new Dell with Windows 8. The PC installed the printer and then I used he Memories Disc to ass HP Director and HP Photot and Imaging.
So far I can print from the Internet and MS word with no problems. I can scan materials to print them fine. What my problem is when I want to scan and import, I keep getting a connection error. Further, whenever I try to open HP Director, I get a compatability error. The error says that ImageZone is not compatible with windows 8. I have downloaded the utilities from HP and my printer passed.
So, my auestions are simple:
is there an HP Director update for my printer for Windows 8? Is there an ImageZone update? I tried to run them in compatibility mode (XP and Windows 7) but to no avail.
Am I looking at buying a new printer?
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS