12-21-2013 11:33 AM
I just upgraded to Windows 8.1 and the printer software is being wonky. I used the Install Wizard since the CD that came with the printer (HP Photosmart C4750) was only giving the "Exit" option and no button for "Install." The Install Wizard gave the "Install" and "Readme" buttons, but after clicking "Install," it would return back to the Install Wizard and begin downloading the SAME THING that it was downloading earlier. When the download finished, it brought up the same "Install" and "Readme." Rinse and repeat... Over and over again.
What the heck is wrong? Also, after doing this, the printer works fine, but the scanner can't even be detected. And my mom is having the same problem with the wireless laptop, except she can't even get wireless printing functional even though the printer is detected.
Come on HP. I've seen a few of these posts go completely unanswered. Help me out here.
12-22-2013 03:52 AM
Please try the below mentioned steps ..
- Perform ADD a Printer and then install the printer drivers.
- Restart the PC.
- Then, download and run the HP Printer Install Wizard from www.hp.com/tools
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .
Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS