Ink level indicator for OfficeJet 4620 (Vista) (2172 Views)
Student
VioLindaC
Message 1 of 2 (2,172 Views)
Accepted Solution

Ink level indicator for OfficeJet 4620 (Vista)

Is it possible to have an indicator for ink levels appear upon usage?  I have had that benefit with XP and Windows 7, but have not been able to activate this service in Vista.  As it stands now, the cartridges run out with no advance warning.  I am able to view the estimated levels in the toolbox, but that is not as convenient as having it appear with every print job.

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 2 of 2 (2,158 Views)

Ink level indicator for OfficeJet 4620 (Vista)

[ Edited ]

VioLindaC, do you mean that you want your ink levels to show every time you print? Unfortunately, unless using a third-party software, the HP software does not display your ink levels each time you print.

Generally speaking when you install the software it automatically asks you how you want low ink messages to display - In the printer software (it should be on your desktop and look like the printer itself) there will be an option for the Toolbox and one of the options will involve the ink levels. You can go to "Printer Actions" then "Settings" and adjust how you want your ink alerts to display. 

If you are just trying to periodically check the ink levels there are ways to do that. 

The first method is to use the software that was installed with the printer, generally speaking it should bring up and have an option to display your detected ink levels.

If you are connected either wirelessly or with an Ethernet cord, you can enter the printer's IP address into the address bar of your web browser and pull up the embedded web server (EWS) for the printer and this will also show your ink levels.

The last method is through printing a status page from your Reports menue, and this printout will also show your ink levels.

Let me know if this helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation