Question

Top Student
Gallal
Message 1 of 4 (833 Views)

Inoperable Hardware Device, shown by Norton Diagnostic Report

[ Edited ]

I have a C6350 Photosmart Printer. I have had it installed for over a year. It functions in all respects except you cannot get it to transmit a memory card contents to my computer. The error says that installation is not complete. I am running Windows 7, 64 bit Professional. Clean install from Windows Vista. I have reinstalled the Drivers from the HP support site and also installed the patch. I have tried HP Solutions as well and it says set up is not complete. How exactly do I complete install from here or do I have to uninstall and reinstall the Device and drivers?

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 4 (825 Views)

Re: Inoperable Hardware Device, shown by Norton Diagnostic Report

Hi,

I would try a fresh install of your printer software following the process below.

If you haven't already got this, download the Software for your printer on the link below and save it to your Desktop.  If you have already got the software installer, move it to your Desktop.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL30126/mp-74902-1/PS_AIO_04_C6300_Net_Full_Win_WW_130_140....

Check that you have the latest version of Adobe Flash installed.

Adobe Flash

Next download revo uninstaller on the link below and install it.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/download-freeware-version.php

Disconnect the printer from the PC.

Run Revo and see if it finds any HP printer software installed.  If it does, right click the software icon and select uninstall.  During the process you may be asked to delete registry entries.  If you are, just select all and click delete.  Do the same for any left over files and folders.  Once completed, reboot the PC.

Disable any Antivirus and Antispyware software.

Now right click the software installer on your Desktop and select 'Run as Administrator', connecting the printer when the software asks.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
Gallal
Message 3 of 4 (811 Views)

Thanks David. I guess I knew this, but didn't want to do it because everything is functional except using the scan disk reader on the printer.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 4 of 4 (808 Views)

Hi,

I know what you mean and there may well be a way to fix the issue without doing a fresh install.  The trouble is it comes down to the time spent trying to isolate the particular problem versus the time spent doing a fresh install.  More satisfying to find the problem but a lot quicker to reinstall in my experience!!

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation