Question

Honor Student
Ron75265
Message 1 of 4 (87 Views)
Accepted Solution

Installation Disk is blank

We purchased an installation disk for an HP lasetjet printer from the HP store, and when we received the disk it was blank. I contacted HP support and got an automated response that I would be contacted by a representative. That was a month ago. What should I do?

Regents Professor
sabretooth04
Message 2 of 4 (73 Views)

Re: Installation Disk is blank

All the software and installtion is available on the web for free.  Did you check there???

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
Honor Student
Ron75265
Message 3 of 4 (65 Views)

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the need for the installation disk was specified by the I.T. Department because downloading drivers from the web was not resolving the issue with the printer. (The printer worked fine until the computer was upgraded from XP to Win7.) So the issue remains - I've got a blank disk that HP sold me and I can't get them to respond to a support inquiry.

HP Support Agent
Jamieson
Message 4 of 4 (37 Views)

Hello,

I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

Thanks.

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation