Question

Honor Student
Denise1125
Message 1 of 2 (104 Views)

Installation problem for Deskjet F4580

Hello, I have been trying to download the drivers for my printer. I have been using the printer with the same computer for 2 years and all at once it can not find the drivers when i connect it with a usb to my computer (wont connect wireless either).  I went to the system devices to update the driver and it stated no drivers were installed. I am not sure how that happened. I even restored my computer to a time when i knew the printer worked and it is still not finding the drivers. 

I went to the HP support website and downloaded the basic driver and when it was installing it would stop and go back to the HP support page to the link I had just downloaded. I then downloaded the entire software thinking it was needing the complete software for install. I still got the same problem.

I thought perhaps it was the firewall preventing the installation, but even with the firewall disabled it does this.  I have downloaded both the 32 bit and 64 bit thinking I got the wrong one. It still will not install and takes me back to the HP support website to the download link. I have used the L4utilitybat to clean all items for the HP from my computer and did the complete download again and tried to the install..yes..again it took me back to the HP download link for the drivers. HELP! I am really frustrated and ready to go buy a different printer, but I really love this printer and would love to keep it. Oh by the way, I have NO idea where the installation disk is for the printer since it has worked for two years without a problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Honor Student
Denise1125
Message 2 of 2 (81 Views)

Re: Installation problem for Deskjet F4580

I just wanted to update the question I posted with this information.

I was able to install the printer on another person's computer using the download, but I am not sure what to check on my computer to find out why it will not install correctly on it. Any suggestions on what to check or do would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation