Question

Tutor
dss_cottage
Message 1 of 12 (3,492 Views)
Accepted Solution

Installing HP Image Zone

I had a hard drive failure and am in the process of reinstalling all my softwrae on the new HDD.

To make sure that I had the latest drivers, I downloaded the drivers for my HP Photosmart 8150 from the HP site.  The printer works fine but the process did not install HP Image Zone and Director. I have the original software CD and have tried a few of the setup files and .msi files but I can't seem to find the correct process to install Image Zone & Director.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Win XP SP3

Photosmart 8150

I had Image Zone version 4

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 12 (3,474 Views)

Re: Installing HP Image Zone

Can you find shortcut icons for HP Solution Center and HP Photosmart Essential on your desktop or your Start Menu items?
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Tutor
dss_cottage
Message 3 of 12 (3,469 Views)

DexterM,

No those shoprtcuts are not on the desktop or the start menu.

The only thing that is on the start menu is:

-Photosmart 320, 370, 7400, 8100, 8400 Series

With sub menu items of:

- About

- Photosmart help

- Product Registration

- Product Support Website

- Readme

- Stop  HP Product Survey Program Participation

- Transfer Images

- Uninstall Devices

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 4 of 12 (3,465 Views)

Did you install the basic drivers or the full feature drivers?
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Tutor
dss_cottage
Message 5 of 12 (3,454 Views)

I installed the only option that was available. I suspect that this install file is basic only.

I got it from the following page ("http" replaced by "hxxp" to avoid posting a live link.):

hxxp://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=397810&lang=en

Is there another place to get the full feature drivers?

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 6 of 12 (3,452 Views)

Yes, that is the basic drivers, and unfortunately there is no full software and drivers for this printer either. The Image Zone software has been replaced by the Photosmart Essential(free download), so you can use that for photo printing. As for HP Director, it's replaced by the Solution Center, but it's not available as a separate download.

http://www.hp.com/united-states/consumer/digital_photography/free/software/index.html?jumpid=ex_R602_go/pse 

I am an ex-HP Employee.
Tutor
dss_cottage
Message 7 of 12 (3,439 Views)

When I originally installed the printer drivers from the CD that came with the printer, these programs were installed. I still have that CD. Is there any way for me to install Image Zone & Director from the original CD?
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 8 of 12 (3,422 Views)

If the CD has Windows XP listed on the label, then yes, you can use it to install the full software.
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Tutor
dss_cottage
Message 9 of 12 (3,410 Views)

...but I need to to what files to run.

I've tried "setup" and it just attempts tp install another printer. I found a "director.msi" file and it didn't seem to do anything. I couldn't find anything like an "imagezone.msi" file.

What should I be looking for?

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 10 of 12 (3,389 Views)

When you say it tries to install "another printer", which printer is it trying to install?

I am an ex-HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation