Installing PSC 2400 Driver on Windows 7 (4273 Views)
Honor Student
bomber916
Message 1 of 4 (4,273 Views)

Installing PSC 2400 Driver on Windows 7

I am having problems loading the Windows 7 driver for my HP PSC 2400 All in One Printer. This printer is in another room from the computer I want to use it with. I have it connected to another computer, but connecting the printer to the computer in the other room would be a pain. Is there any way I can just get the driver for the printer. (I have tried the application that hp has instead of a driver, but since the printer is not connected by usb, the application can't find it.)

Student
Johnykap
Message 2 of 4 (3,827 Views)

Re: Installing PSC 2400 Driver on Windows 7

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION?!?!? Do i REALLY have to take my parents' Printer and take it to all of the computers in the house to do this? HOW RIDICULOUS! Please let us both know of a different way.. Unless HP Customer Service is really THAT bad... 

Honor Student
bomber916
Message 3 of 4 (3,822 Views)

I finally figured it out on my own.

1. You need to plug the printer into the computer.

2. Allow the computer to attempt to install the driver.

3. Delete any driver the computer installs by going to "Devices and Printers" in the control panel.

4. Select your product and OS from this site:  http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?lang=en&cc=se&taskId=135&prodTypeId...

5. Download and run the file. Follow all instructions.

6. If the printer works, Great. If not you may need to go to "Devices and Printers" again and manually search for the driver. Make sure you get the exact driver from the list. There is a difference between hp 2400 and hp psc 2400.

Hope this helps,

Bomber916

Student
andy23
Message 4 of 4 (1,120 Views)

bomber916 wrote:

I am having problems loading the Windows 7 driver for my HP PSC 2400 All in One Printer. This printer is in another room from the computer I want to use it with. I have it connected to another computer, but connecting the printer to the computer in the other room would be a pain. Is there any way I can just get the driver for the printer. (I have tried the application that hp has instead of a driver, but since the printer is not connected by usb, the application can't find it.)

bomber916 wrote:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation