Question

Honor Student
Tschmidt
Message 1 of 5 (14,322 Views)
Accepted Solution

Is HP Photosmart 6510 compatible with Windows 8?

Will windows 8 have drivers for Photosmart 6510 printer?

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 2 of 5 (14,304 Views)

Re: Is HP Photosmart 6510 compatible with Windows 8?

Hey tschmidt,

You can use this tool to try and add your printer into Windows 8 until the offical release of Win 8: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows-8-Release-Preview/How-to-Get-Your-Inkjet-Printer-Working-with-W...

Hope this helps!

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Tutor
Ericvi
Message 3 of 5 (14,294 Views)

Windows 8 RTM  has already printer support for the Photosmart 6510 included without your CD.

Step 1: on the Start screen, you know with all the Tiles, click Windows key+ C, to open the  side bar;

The side bar opens with Search

Step 2: enter "printer" in the search field (without quotes); you will see that there are 17 hits under Settings

Step 3: click now on Settings, you will see 17 tiles appear on the screen

Step 4: Turn on your printer that you have already conected to your router; since you migrate now from W7

Step 5: Select Advaced printer setup

Note: You may receive a warning from Windows about Network sharing, Turn Network sharing On.

If you want to verifiy: double click the Network icon bottom right on the task bar, the green sidebar opens, right-click network,  Then click Turn network sharing On or Off, follow the instructions

Step 6: a window opens that shows your network printer is on 192.168.xx.xx

Step 7: follow the onscreen instructions.

All in all, it is so easy, but difficult to find, that Microsoft may have included it in the W8 setup routine. Or at least some hints. Enjoy printing! -Eric

Honor Student
Tschmidt
Message 4 of 5 (14,283 Views)

That should do it. How did you know I had printer connected to router? (I guess everyone does these days.) -Tom
Student
D-A-B
Message 5 of 5 (5,089 Views)

[ Edited ]

I downloaded printer per instructions on line following 5 steps.  The printer works but the scanner does not.

Printer notification said to make sure "scan to computer" is turned on,  but the computer does not even show that it is installed.  Please help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation