J4580 HP Solution Center (613 Views)
Tutor
tonyvella
Message 1 of 3 (613 Views)

J4580 HP Solution Center

I have a J4580 for about a year and since I first got it I have noticed something annoying but never bothered doing anything about it. Now it's starting to get on my nerves again.

If it means anything, I am using a Vista machine. I notice that when I open "Solution Center" there are four settings: scan, fax, print, other. The print settings and the other settings work fine but the scan settings and the fax settings offer nothing: there is nothing to click; just the words "Scan Settings - View and modify scanner settings" but nothing to click. The same applies to Fax Settings. I also notice that in the HOME page of Solution Center I have HP Photosmart Essential and HP Photosmart Essential 2.5.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal with Solution Center and, if not, how to solve the problem? Thanks very much in advance.

HP-SC.jpg

Student
yuragul
Message 2 of 3 (354 Views)

Re: J4580 HP Solution Center

:smileywink:

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 3 of 3 (332 Views)

Re: J4580 HP Solution Center

Hey Tony. 

You should definitely be able to click on those settings. Sounds like there is an issue with the install. I would go ahead and completely install all the HP software and reinstall it from a fresh download. This will ensure you have the latest version of the software with all the updates.

Here is the link to the full featured driver pack with the software: HP Officejet Full Feature Software and Driver

Let me know if this resolves the issue.

Regards,

Sean 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation