Question

Top Student
dafaddah
Message 1 of 3 (155 Views)
Accepted Solution

K80 Director with Windows 8.1

I just bought a used K80 OfficeJet. It appears to be working OK using the front panel controls but I'd like to be able to operate it from my PC.

My operating system is Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Is there a Director software app available to do this  and, if so, where can I get it?

HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 2 of 3 (125 Views)

Re: K80 Director with Windows 8.1

HI dafaddah,

Thank you for being a member of the HP Support Forums.  I gather that you would like to learn if there is a full feature software and Windows 8.1 driver available for the Officejet K80 printer.

I’m sorry to say that there is not a full feature driver for Windows 8.1.  I have included the Install a Windows 8 Driver with Windows Update document.  It will walk you through installing the printer driver available with Windows 8.1.  It will also explain what limitations there are when using the Windows 8.1 driver.

Regards,
Happytohelp01

Please click on the Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
dafaddah
Message 3 of 3 (120 Views)

Re: K80 Director with Windows 8.1

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

It is as I feared but so be it.

I have and continue to develop some 'work-arounds' so that I can do what I have to with the machine but it is unfortunate that HP doesn't fully support it because it is a very good product that could be made better with fully functional software.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation