04-14-2012 03:22 PM
Officejet Pro K8600 will not print borderless (full bleed) 13x19 PDF output in Win7. Currently running Win7 Home Premium 64bit on two new HP computers: Pavilion dv6t Notebook and Pavilion h8qe desktop.
Selecting borderless from the print options menu results in output with white borders. Selecting Fit, Actual Size, Print as Image and Simulate Overprint have no corrective effect.
Took the following steps, none of which resulted in problem resolution:
(1) Used the Win7 in-OS driver.
(2) Installed the HP full-feature driver/software package.
(3) Installed the HP dot4patch_reboot.exe.
(4) In Printer Properties>Advanced>Print Processor, changed the processor from hpzppw71 to winprint, left data type as raw.
The borderless print feature works perfectly in WinXP on a Dell desktop and a Dell laptop, but not with HP computers running Win7. The need to transport certain PDF files to a legacy computer and operating system is absurd and a huge waste of time.
Surely, HP has a solution somewhere that will allow its own computers and printers to interact and function correctly. Any pointers, fixes or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS