Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I recently (yesterday) installed my brand new LaserJet Pro 400 color M451dn.  I find that when I print my letterhead, the blue (navy) being printed does not match the blue on screen.  On Screen (both in MS Word and Photoshop w/ a calibrated monitor) the blue is Navy. When printed, the blue is lighter and has more of a green/yellow cast to it.  If I print using "Vivid sRGB" it is closer, but it is still too light. Only printing on plain paper so far.  Windows 7 Home Premium (latest service pack), firmware and drivers are current.

Are there any additional steps I can take or is is the issue that I'm trying to print a dark blue using cyan toner so I'm just out of luck?

Thanks,

Matt

(my apologies for the cross post in the "printing problems" forum, but there does not appear to be any experts there.)

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Matt-

This might help with your color issue when printing.  This help document describes ways to align color: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=...

Calibrate the product to align colors
Calibration is a printer function that optimizes print quality.
Follow these steps if you experience print quality problems such as misaligned color, colored shadows, blurry graphics or other print quality issues.
  1. On the printer’s control panel, press the right arrow ( ) to select the Setup menu.
  2. From the System Setup menu, press OK .
  3. Press the right arrow ( ) to highlight the Print Quality menu, and then press OK .
  4. Press the right arrow ( ) to highlight the Calibrate Color setting, and then press OK .
  5. From the Calibrate Now menu, press OK .
 NOTE: A Calibrating message will appear on the printer control panel display. The calibration process takes a few minutes to complete. Do not turn the printer off until the calibration process has finished.

If this doesn't work, please respond back and I'll see what else I can do to provide assistance.

Thanks!

Handypants

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

If this post helped you, click the Kudos Star for a quick way to say "Thanks".

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution".
HP Recommended

Thanks Handypants.

I also received a response on my other thread found here. (I know, but forum ettiquette cross posting, and I apologize for that.)

I did run the calibration as well as all of the steps taken on the above linked thread and no significant change.

I may just have too high expectations.

Matt

HP Recommended

Dear Friend,

I am going though the same situation as you, better you call a technical person, because I bought my LJ Pro 400nw couple of days back, and then I had some beautiful glossy pictures coming out, even on non-glossy plain A4 Papers. Then I had to reset my router and then after that, I haven't been getting the same quality, I am getting draft quality, quaility is bit lighter than the original. I believe, if you are getting the same problem which is getting ligher effects than the orginal, then you are sure that it is not what you should get for the money you paid,

If you get any solutions, pleaes let me know, i am trying everything I know to get it on the right track. Calibrating is the first thing I have done and it is the same so, i believe we are on the same roll of paper. 

I am going to call some technical person if I cannot get it right over night.

Regards

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue, only on letterhead, high quality paper.   I have already run the calibration several times with no luck.    Again, This is a brand new printer.

HP Recommended

I am trying to calibrate my printer but when I push the right arrow nothing appears except the IP address of the printer.  Please HELP.  Thanks:smileyfrustrated:

HP Recommended

Screen values and printing values are two completely different things.

One uses and additive synthesis and the other subtractive synthesis.

Screens use RGB (red, green and blue). When combining all 3 colors at 100% values, they create white. 
Printers use CMJN (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black). When combining cyan, magenta and yellow together at 100% values, they create black.

You cannot expect colors on screen to be exactly the same when printed.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.