Question

Honor Student
fkawar
Message 1 of 1 (269 Views)

LaserJet P1005 Duplex Printing removed for MacOS X

Hi,

I've just upgraded my MacOS X 10.5.8 hard disk  and I had to do a fresh installation of the OS; I wasn't able to transfer the settings from the old OS due to corruptions on the old disk. Hence I had to source the drivers for my HP LaserJet P1005 online from HP's website, which was quick and successful but after installing I discovered that the only driver available is v1.0.6 and this has lost the 'Manual Duplex' printing check box option.

I bought the LaserJet P1005 because of this option, as I'm a postgraduate student and require this functionality extensively to keep documents small as well as do my bit in saving the rainforst. I would like HP support to advise me on HP's policy on 'Manual Duplex' printing as the work around of printing odd pages first then even pages is really too time consuming; One has to keep in mind orientation, reverse order printing, odds and evens etc. The old 'Manual Duplex' printing check box dealt with all of this in a simple and effective way.

This issue must be affecting other users and I just cannot understand why it has been removed for the Mac OS environmet, while I'm aware that it has been retained for the PC OS environments.

Best wishes

Farid Kawar

Product Name and Number: HPLaserJet P1005 (CB410A)

Operating System installed: Mac OS X 10.5.8

Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred: New OS build and New HP drivers from HP's Driver web site

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation