LaserJet m1522n not printing / hanging in queue (2221 Views)
Honor Student
dali
Message 1 of 6 (2,221 Views)

LaserJet m1522n not printing / hanging in queue

• LaserJet m1522n
  • Windows Vista Home Premium
  • USB connection - laptop

I just bought this computer a couple of weeks ago and have had the same problems since. I followed the instructions to a 'T' and also tried a full uninstall and reinstall.

1. When I send print commands, they are added to the print-queue, but hang and do not print until the computer is restarted. I am unable to delete the document pending in the queue as well. There have been occasions when I have been able to print a document, but if I try another print job it hangs or only one page will print and it hangs. The machine works when used directly, so I'm thinking that there is a connection problem between the printer and the laptop.
  2. HP ToolboxFX will not always respond or hangs on my desktop unresponsive after opening.
  3. Finally, after installing this printer, my laptop will not always shut down or restart properly, instead hanging on "logging off" until I physically shut it down.
Thanks in advance.
Honor Student
dali
Message 2 of 6 (2,188 Views)

Re: LaserJet m1522n not printing / hanging in queue

Well, I think I may have solved my own problem. I believe the drivers that were updated with the software instillation were those for Windows only. I just downloaded from the HP site for my series:  HP LaserJet M1522 Series Printers - PCL6 Network Express Scan/Print Driver Package. So far the printer seems to be working and I have a pop-up that states the printer job was completed - didn't get that before.

I'm still having trouble with toolboxFX though.

Honor Student
dali
Message 3 of 6 (2,169 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have downloaded ALL of the driver packages for this machine and although I am able to print a few jobs, after about 4, the print jobs hang in the queue until the computer is rebooted! I can't e-mail a tech because this machine can't be found on this site when I try and I distain, after other experiences, to call tech support although it looks like I will have to. I prefer after detailing the user guide not talking to someone that can only read from it when I need help beyond the book! I run a TAX business and canNOT afford this!!! 

Also, since downloading HP software, my computer continues to not shutdown or restart properly requiring me to do so manually. Anyone else with this printer and/or problem???

Message Edited by dali on 02-05-2009 06:30 PM
Student
PK1973
Message 4 of 6 (1,165 Views)

I have the exact same problem and I am getting frustrated (Windows 7). New HP driver packages downloaded installed ... deinstalled. USB and network printer. No cure. Printer is shown as being Offline after 1 or 2 print jobs.

What a pain in the ....

Trying to solve this problem has cost me about 10 hours by now, when all I want and need is to print a few documents.

Anybody an idea what I could do.

PK

Honor Student
vordel
Message 5 of 6 (1,008 Views)

I have the exact same problem! Its setup as network printer and it has all of a sudden lost the plot and keeps going asleep. Has no-one got a solution for this yet? This is ridiculous!!

Honor Student
vordel
Message 6 of 6 (982 Views)

I found a solution. If you have DHCP enabled on your network and you have a static setup on the printer, check for an IP conflict. Printer is no longer going into offline mode. I found this without the help of HP. Printer is back online, man that feels good.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation