01-20-2014 03:41 PM - edited 01-20-2014 03:44 PM
Please go here and check for your information.
Last supported OS was XP since this printer has been discontinued for years.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
02-04-2014 08:26 AM
Have you tried the solutions for Windows 7? I recently summarized these solutions here.
I'm sure many will be interested to know if they work for Windows 8.
01-02-2015 02:30 AM
LaserJet Printer HP 1000 was working allright with Windows Vista...
It is a briliant printer for the price and lasts very long...
I have no idea for windows 7 but it certainly does not work for windows 8.1 or else I will wait for help or ideas for that matter...
01-02-2015 07:46 AM
If your Windows 8 is 64-bit I think you are out of luck.
If your Windows 8 is 32-bit, you could try the Windows 7 solutions given in the earlier message. They might work with Windows 8.
The LJ 1000 is indeed a great printer and it is sad that HP has not continued to supported the customers who bought it.
01-02-2015 08:16 AM
Thank you so much for the answer.
To my regret I use Dell T5400 machine with 20GB quick memory for 3D Revit software, so no is no way to use 32bit system.
But the printer was the best one from its term. I like devices from HP.
With the best regards,
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS