05-30-2014 08:01 AM
The Laserjet 6P is not in the Printer list in Windows 8.1 and I don't see it as a supported OS at HP.com. Does anyone know a driver in Windows 8.1 that I can use for my old, but sturdy Laserjet 6P?
05-31-2014 06:40 AM
My Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit system has built-in drivers for this printer model:
I don't know whether the drivers are present on a fresh Windows install; they may only have appeared in the list after the Windows Update button was clicked on the above Add Printers dialogue, then waiting (perhaps for several minutes) whilst additional drivers were downloaded, and the list repopulated.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS