Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I just purchased a Laserjet CP2025 and after some difficulty got it to print B&W.  It took me a while to find a driver that works - PCL6.  It turns out Windows7 is not well supported.

But I can not get the machine to print in color - I get B&W negative prints.

Any ideas and/or help is appreciated.

Larry Swift

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Do you have the CP2020 series driver, or something else? Is there a pick for color or mono printing in the driver? That needs to be set correctly. Also, if one of the colors is out of toner, it will only print black. Check this by printing an internal page like the supplies status  page from the control panel.

HP Recommended

Dear, I have the same problem.

First problems trying to install the drivers (eventually that worked with PCL 6 drivers), 

but still:

- no duplex printing (solved that)

- no color printing: with the properties of the printer it just says (in Dutch): Colour: no

and I don't find a way to change this

- I also have the problem at the same time that the printer is printing unasked pages with:

GET/DevMgmt/DiscoveryTree.xml HTTP/1.1

Host: 127.0.0.1:8080

HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm facing same issue. I have also tried the installed pcl5,pcl6 drivers. But still isn't working. Did fine solution same issue. Can share the soluton of this problem.

Thanks in advance

Waple02

HP Recommended

Please verify: If you print an internal page, like supplies status, from the control panel, is it in color? That will prove if it is an engine problem or a driver problem.

HP Recommended

I did a lot of changes, in the settings, and suddenly it worked.

I know that I had to install both the PLC6 and the CP2025 printer drivers.

And than: go to the printer: right click and go to "properties of printer",

and than do the following for both printers in the resulting droplist:

Go to the tab 'device settings' (it's translated from dutch 'apparaatinstellingen' so don't shoot me if it's not literraly that.

At the bottom of the list: set the 'device type' to color

...after doing this for both printers, it worked for me !

HP Recommended

Yay! I can't imagine how it gets in this state at install, but it seems to happen to a lot of people. The print settings can come from the application, the driver, or from the printer default settings. Don't know all the ways they interact with each other, but it can be any one of them messed up that causes this problem.

HP Recommended

This solution worked for me. Not sure why it's hiding in there. I never would have found it without this help.

HP Recommended

Thanks

changing the settings you listed worked for me with the PLC6 driver using W7

HP Recommended

printer stiing back to color worked for me!

the reset was caused by the fact that the color ink were empty.

When I replaced the ink it remained color off!

@GSWconsulting wrote:

I did a lot of changes, in the settings, and suddenly it worked.

I know that I had to install both the PLC6 and the CP2025 printer drivers.

And than: go to the printer: right click and go to "properties of printer",

and than do the following for both printers in the resulting droplist:

Go to the tab 'device settings' (it's translated from dutch 'apparaatinstellingen' so don't shoot me if it's not literraly that.

At the bottom of the list: set the 'device type' to color

...after doing this for both printers, it worked for me !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.